ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help plz! bent jacking point (pics)

BMW 330cd
Just notice my drivers side front jacking point is bent!:mad: Never notice it before, not sure how it happen tbh. never jacked my car up always been to a garage for that. I do know its wast like that when i got the car last april so i thinking must of done it on a speed bump or getting on/off my drive. Dont think it would be the sort of thing a garage would do?

Anyway just wanted to know how it would affect my car, selling it jacking it up? And can it be fixed????

Last pic is how it should look.

Attachments

• DSC00227.jpg
    DSC00227.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 488
  • DSC00226.jpg
    DSC00226.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 905
  • DSC00224.jpg
    DSC00224.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 1,410
  • DSC00232.jpg
    DSC00232.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 666
  • DSC00234.jpg
    DSC00234.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 429

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
One of mine is the same, but bent inwards rather than outwards, it bent very easy TBH.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Thats not the jacking point fella, thats the sill, and if you do find a proper answer on how to bend them back then let me kno, as mine look horrible.

* jacking point is under the car i use the chassy youl notice it goin towards the back and dissapears.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
^ you sure? if they were the jackin points then why would then bend? & when you take the car to a garage they place the jack more under the car's body .

Punto/Clio GTT
that is not a jacking point, thats the sil lol

bend it back with a hammer if youre feeling brave, just lay under the car and hammer it til its straight

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Mine make some funny noises and have a very small bend. If they are meant to be the jacking point then they are made of cheese.
I now do what Jay does and Jack the car up from a point on the chassis.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
scroll down, first pic ;)

thats the chassi part i was talkin about.

"The normal jacking point on the car where the normal jack goes is shown picture 4. As with the front this area bends so the same precautions should be taken when using these points."

That thread tells you to use the ones under it, as the proper jacking points are s**t.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
^ the one that Wilson has posted is the sill, if it was ment for a jacking point, then dont you think it would be stronger?

As you only get a crappy scissor jack with your car, its only intention is to change a wheel, therefore it wont damage the sill that bad,

the proper 1 is under the car. were every garage use,

BMW 330ci Clubsport
^ the one that Wilson has posted is the sill, if it was ment for a jacking point, then dont you think it would be stronger?

As you only get a crappy scissor jack with your car, its only intention is to change a wheel, therefore it wont damage the sill that bad,

That is the right jacking point.. I've jacked my car up several times, it never bent. But when I had my car mot'd it came back with one side bent.. So yes, it could have been the garage.

Your jacking it up from where it is recommend to place the axel stands. Haynes manual also tells you to jack it up from the seals (Purple lines on the photos in the other thread linked)

BG 182 FF
i also jack it up in two places, one being under the car so you spread the load if you plan to jack it up for any longer than 10 mins imo.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Fella you're 100% wrong. Some of the renault jacks came with a hook to place in the hole at that point of the sill. I keep a trolley jack in the car and use the chassis rail's as described in that other thread.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Am putting this in here instead of starting another thread:

Iv looked at eddes guide and still dont get how you jack the read up?

according to that you put it on the rear beam thing but when you jack it up your wheels just go up into the arches and it compresses the spring - making it a c**t to get the wheel off...

Where can i jack it up :eek:

106 GTI
Am putting this in here instead of starting another thread:

Iv looked at eddes guide and still dont get how you jack the read up?

according to that you put it on the rear beam thing but when you jack it up your wheels just go up into the arches and it compresses the spring - making it a c**t to get the wheel off...

Where can i jack it up :eek:

Jack it on the chasis part, my rear wheel leaves the floor before the front

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Fella you're 100% wrong. Some of the renault jacks came with a hook to place in the hole at that point of the sill. I keep a trolley jack in the car and use the chassis rail's as described in that other thread.

100% wrong in renault form, but 100% right on comman sense tbh,

why on earth would you jack the car on a piece were it damages ? serious tho, its just goin to look tacky and horrible, =in costs to fix it,

anywayz, Luke on the rear beam you can jack it up, i tend to use a good piece of wood and jack it up in the centre, then place axle stands each side,

172 cup
They are the jacking points what are bent and as said them holes in the bit that is bent is for the hook on the scissor jack to go through. Yes they are like cheese and not up to the job and all this bollox about they wouldn't bend if they were ment to be jacking points, buy a German car and they wont!

145db Euro'd clio
yeah thats the jacking points for the standard jacks. just shove a hench screwdriver through the hole and very carefully bend it back. did it to mine and their fine. their just very easily bent

Golf GTD Mk7
true fred. Prob due to less weight i guess. Front ones are gash. Just in the process of bending mine back. Use mole grips or similar. Put some cloth between the jaws to stop damage to the paint and touch up if required. Always use the chassis to jack up now.