ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! Traction Control is Mental...

Clio 172
Got a 182, few little issues. I've replaced the ABS rings and front wheel bearing. I've also reset the brake pedal switch but the traction control is being weird.

there is no light when parked or stood still but as soon as you pull off it comes on.

Anyone else had this happen?

thanks

Renault Clio182 bean
Has the car been scanned on a diagnostic machine? codes etc. Is it the tracs/abs lights on?

Clio 172
Been scanned but the abs light has gone off after I fit 2 front abs rings and a wheel bearing.

Other codes des were for the map sensor And airbags.

the traction control light only comes on when moving. When idle or after turning on the ignition, the light is off

Clio 172
Anyone? Really pissing me off now. The light is off when you start the car, but as soon as you start to move, the traction control light comes on.

I have played with the brake pedal switch to no avail (so could be faulty) but havent had a look at the rear abs rings - could the rears be causing the light? No ABS light is on.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Incorrect ABS rings perhaps? Have I read something whereby some rings have less teeth than others?

Clio 172
They are the 44 teeth rings, def the right ones.

Ive just noticed that if I start the car, there is no light, but just turning the wheels while stationary brings the traction control light on.

This is getting weirder.......

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Not really, it's telling you there's something not right when the wheels are turning. If diags are showing no fault codes your next port of call is scope testing each wheel sensor at the sensors and the again at the ABS ECU to see if there is any inconsistency.

Clio 172
There are no direct codes relating to traction control. There were some for ABS but I put on new front ABS rings, wheel bearing and cleared the codes and no ABS light now.

Clio 172
This is what I had prior to the work being done:

Injection

DF002 - throttle pretentiometer circuit track
DF003 - air temp sensor
DF045 - map sensor fault
*these al had Memory next to them so dont know if they were stored/old codes

ABS

PO66 - injection multiplexed emission missing
PO76 - steering wheel angle sensor circuit
DP152 - multiplexed network:- apply multiplexed network procedure

Airbag

DF065 - drivers seat position sensor memory open circuit or short circuit to +12v
DF184 - passenger side front buckle pretensioner memory circuit open circuit
DF183 - drivers side front buckle pretensioner connection unit

I scanned it and cleared the codes after I did the wheel bearing and ABS ring. The ABS warning light is not on now, there is just the
airbag, traction control and service light on now.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Well there's at least two issues posted above which will give you various issues the main ones being the CAN faults. Then there's the SAS fault to which is a basic input required by the ESP program to be able to do its job.

Apply the MPN conformity tests and come back.

Clio 172
Mick, I have no idea what you just said haha. A mate scanned it for me, so I cant just re scan it unfortunately.

What I have noticed this evening, is that the traction control light comes on as soon as you touch the steering wheel, even a tiiiiiny bit. Does this point to a steering angle sensor?