ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with calliper needed pls

Clio Sport 182
I recently purchased a refurbished rear calliper for my Clio Sport 182, however, it seems that I wasn't sent the correct calliper. It looks indentical to the one I need to replace except for the where the handbrake cable goes. Has anyone else had this issue?

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Just make sure the arm that holds the cable looks like solid round bar bent at 90*. I recently bought an item that had more of a flat cast looking arm. Turned out to be a crappy copy job

Clio Sport 182
Just make sure the arm that holds the cable looks like solid round bar bent at 90*. I recently bought an item that had more of a flat cast looking arm. Turned out to be a crappy copy job

Thanks for the reply.
I got a friend at a local garage to drill it.
However I still have a a very stiff brake pedal with very little brakes, any idea what the issue could be?

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Maybe an air bubble in the system? My issue I had was that the calliper was seized so wasn't working properly

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Wouldn't an air bubble make the pedal spongy not stiff though?
Yes.. i have air in mines and my pedal goes to the floor. clamp the brakes of one by one and press the pedal. this will show you if the pedal has air in it and you can rule this out.