ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with electrical fault

clio 182
well basically tonight i was moving my electric window switches from the door to the centre console so i can fit my carbon door cards.

all i done was split the loom at the connecteor between the door and the car, pull the wires out that are for the windows at either side, then made new joins inside the car so the switch would reach the centre. (hope that makes sense)

whilst doing this i removed all the electric mirror wires just from the door as they are not needed now.

the windows work perfectly but the problem is now my window wipers are on all the time no matter what setting i put them on!!:eek:

so.....is there anything on the door loom that could have caused this? and if so how the can i fix it!

any help at all is appreciated!

thanks!

try disconnecting your window switch plug, to see if that has anything to do with. you should start checking over everything you have done first.

just to rule it out and check you have no shorts in the wiring.

Have you chopped anything else out?

clio 182
yea if i remove the plug to the wipers they stop, so something must be making a circuit somewhere to cause them to turn on all the time.

the only thing i can think of is i pulled out all the connecters for the electric mirrors and speakers from the connector block on the door side. is there a negative or switch wire or something that if its not in a circuit it will cause the wipers to come on? like i need to add a resistor?

thinking back now i should have just removed the window switch wires and taped up the wing mirror cables instead of removing!

172 turbo
mate im the same but when i press window button down hazards flash any ideas ? whats going on :S its shittttte

if it was an earth disconnected it just wouldnt work unless it shorting out then it would blow fuses, You havent broken the wiper stalk have you? if you disconnect the plug from stalk on the wiper side and it goes off it may be something in there.

clio 182
it is only happened since i started mucking about with it, could be a coinsidence though!

i love fault finding........:dapprove:

clio 182
Wipers fixed, earth fault!

Now it has spat the dummy out with the good old tps fault, limp mode and 2000 rpm. Hopefully its something I have done and not a new pedal etc

If anyone knows an auto electrician let me no, getting impatient!