ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with Mk1 V6 mileometer etc.

RenaultSport clio v6
Ive just got a mk1 v6, unfortunately the previous owner lost the handbook and renault cant get me a replacement :dapprove:

My mileometer/trip computer thing works fine for mileage and trip mileage, but none of the other functions seem to work - mpg, miles remaining on fuel, amount of fuel etc. all of them flash and wont show any values, is there any way i can reset them? i will try disconnecting the battery tomorrow but would appreciate any help anyone has in the meantime as it may be something far simpler. Cheers!

Clio RS 172 Ph2
i'm told this overcomes a lot of issues with the trip computer & dashboard (even some Renault dealers don't know about this, and it's certainly not in the handbook. Some dealers have actually supplied new dash clocks when all was needed was a simple reset)

1. With the ignition off, press and hold in the ADAC button (at the end of the wiper stalk) for at least 5 seconds.
2. Whilst still holding the ADAC button in, turn on the ignition
3. Continue holding the ADAC button, and you will see the needles on the dials move, and after a further 5 seconds or so, all segments of the LCD display will illuminate
4. Let go of the ADAC button at this point
5. Press the reset button on the centre of the LCD panel and all gauges will reset back to normal an the trip display will show the correct reading.

This procedure should work on most Clio's, Megane's, Scenic's etc. It certainly sorted out my faulty fuel computer after a coil pack went down. Renault wanted to charge me £280 to fit all new clocks. They seemed quite embarrassed when I pointed out that I did the above and sorted it in 2 mins!