ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

heres one............

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
why do all clio owners try to make their cars look like the 172 cup/ 182 trophy

ie speedline turinis, splitter, spoiler etc etc!!!

some say to have the best of both worlds! but to be fair most cup owners have got their cars
1) for track days
2) because it looks different to the ff

not particularly wanting to cause an argument but... all these cars are starting to look the same now! wheres the uniqueness and variation (apart from colour)

seen so many look-a-likes an now i've even seen 1.2's etc doing the same

just wondered what people views are and why???
i think it would be interesting to find out?

but as always sticking to my saying of each to their own!

j

J03

MX5 1.8
well its cliosport... what do you expect.. lol ive done my car differently rather than it looking like a sport Rep,... darent post it here because theres no point really.. lol

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
first off... it comes to personal taste.

as always each evolution looks better than the previous one really so why not mod it. After all they are suttle cheep and sweet mods which are generic and improve the look of the car. Theres no problem with fitment issues so its easy

They arnt COPY CAT lol. lmao and FF arent "trying" to be cups

plus if your thinking that a standard 172cup is a trackday car your laughing, it needs alot more work than just throwing away then air con etc.

I can understand what he means. I don't have a problem with modding and alot of cars look better when done. But when everyone makes their non sports look like sports they loose the uniqueness.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

as always each evolution looks better than the previous one really so why not mod it. After all they are suttle cheep and sweet mods which are generic and improve the look of the car. Theres no problem with fitment issues so its easy

plus if your thinking that a standard 172cup is a trackday car your laughing, it needs alot more work than just throwing away then air con etc.

Have you tried picking up 89kgs?

It is a very capable track car as standard - needs nothing doing to it at all.

Mk4 .:R32
Generally things are more popular as the do look better in the majority of peoples opinions. You could put 18" amir khans on your clio if you want but expect 99% of people to say it looks sh*t. Turinis look good and they are practical (lightweight, good size etc), the splitter beefs up the front end slightly and makes a good, subtle difference, and the standard FF spoiler is crap.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member

Have you tried picking up 89kgs?

It is a very capable track car as standard - needs nothing doing to it at all.

89kgs is quite a bit i understand but 20kg of that comes from the spare wheel. Also i weigh about 20-30 kg less than a "normal" bloke put me in my FF - spare wheel against a cup plus regular driver and theres nothing much in it.

its a capable track car when racing other clios but a trackcar should be striped as much as poss and the cup gives a basis imo. cup + buckets + coiles + full strip etc.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
mark before you say its as capable as catching up sti's, focus rs. etc.. ive seen your vids, your a very expereienced driver and to be fare the other drivers arnt as gud.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I can see what you are saying, but it being a 'track car' isn't necessarily about its pace, or outright speed.

For me it's about how I can interact with it, influence its balance, feel what's going on, and push that little bit harder to try to just brush against its limits.

Also, having less weight not only makes it more responsive/focussed, it also means relatively less wear on brakes, tyres, and fuel.

I think from the factory Renault got it bang on 100% right - a good balance of everyday useability and balls out track beast.

Like you said though, strip it properly, do the seats/belts/steering wheel thing too and you're laughing.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Im with Mark on this one. The weight difference may seem paltry but that difference is noticeable.

I got back in mine on Saturday after driving Clares 182 around since Tuesday and it immediately put a big grin on my face.
Makes it ever more difficult to find something to replace it with.

BG 182
All down to personal taste really.. Some Dynamiques etc look really good when a couple of bits are done on them similar to the sport.. For example the spoiler or the interior.. All down to what you like best tbh..

Clio 197
It looks good and the guys that have the 1.2's are like me when i used to have my sporting, i did a few things to make it look like the HGT just because it was a better model, it looks good and the insurance still allows them to do it.