ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi all, me and my slug

A'Booo 172
Hi all,

This is my clio...

163452_10150128522035407_640010406_7782610_8096370_n.jpg

Its a 1.4 16v

Modifications
- Coilovers
- Decat
- Peco exhaust (Nice and quite, its just for looks)
- Custom Induction (Enclosed filter and a aircon pipe to the front grill)
- Angel Eyes
- 172 Rear bumper
- Laguna Splitter
- 182 Grill
- Carbon Fiber Badge
- loads of little bits and bobs, but its all about being subtle =)

Plans
- B18 Turbo from a Integra Type R... Sourced, just waiting for the funds to buy it... Its currently my friends daily... And I know everyones going to say it won't fit, or have fun with the loom and what not... But thats half the fun... And it won't be anytime soon as my friend needs the car until he gets a new job. - going to be expensive, as I need to find a fuel pump that is capable and loads of custom parts built.
- 182 front bumper, wings and skirts (I am looking for them so if any of you have them for sale, I'm more than willing to buy)
- Cobra Bucket seats - I just swapped them for my standard seats, waiting to collect them though
- Harnesses - Bought for £40, but same as above, they are from the same person so waiting on him again
- Roll cage, Waiting for the engine before I get that sorted
- Rear disk conversion, but I won't be going for standard 182 disks, they will be upgraded to whatever you lot upgrade to, cheaper in the long run
- Bigger disks, pads and callipers at the front... Most likely the brake lines too

and thats about it... Thinking about alloys, but I quite like the standard ones, depends if the brakes fit in all honesty..

We are not talking quick progress, but I have nothing else to spend my money on, building up the savings, age and running costs stop me from buying a RX7, so why not build something different with style...

A'Booo 172
Will do lol, I only have progress photo's and they are pretty boring and dull, I will get some tomorrow in daylight, unless you want to see it in the dark lol

A'Booo 172
Haha, not much has been done to it all al fairness, just making it pretty... Progress pics when I put the engine in... Now that will be interesting... I won't speculate figures to until its dyno proven =P

I will take a photo of the rear and put it up in a minute to show you the only side of the car near completion =P

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Welcome, it looks good apart from maybe that splitter. Plans will be great if you can pull them off.

A'Booo 172
Totally agree, looks crap without a splitter thats the only reason why its still on... I made the mistake of cutting it in the middle and not the sides, then a friend said he could mold it backtogether with a heatgun.... He couldn't...

The will be a megane splitter on it when I put the 182 bumper on.... When I finally find one...

And the picture came out rubbish, its too dark and shiny.... I might pop out and grab some photos in somewhere that has lighting in a bit and you can all see the whole car...
p1010399.jpg

A'Booo 172
Will do buddy, I have a busy month, but after next month nothings stopping me =P

I can't post on a lot of the forum at the moment, but I am attending The Fast Show, If anyone is coming... I will be with the SnailSpeedRacing lot in the general camping area so come and check out the car... We're a friendly bunch lol

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
were u on CC and smashed your first silver one? or am i thinking of someone else? lol

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
ahh thaught so! and least this ones lasted a bit longer :p and looks in better shape! lol

A'Booo 172
Cheeky git, The front isn't brilliant on this car lol, front bumper has laquer peal and the bonnet is stone chipped to buggery, the joys of travelling 110+ miles a day!.. I now work closer so the clio isn't a work horse anymore... 36,000 on the clock now!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
<3 ;) front bumper on mine is shagged aswell! was painted just before i got it too! and i used to do the same milage aswell mate! its not good in ure own car lol ive done nearly 10K since mid october! just over 82k now! lol

A'Booo 172
pst.. 16 miles to work in slow moving traffic... No chance of mine getting any worse... I have a friend who owns a spray shop who will spray my front bumper, bonnet, rear bumper and wings and skirts for £200... Thats not much more than the price of the paint for all of that... Might be less if I don't get the 182 kit, No longer need the wings and skirts done =P

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Good plans here but wouldnt it have been easier to start out with a honda? Saying that though the mini boys do it all the time and I know someone whos putting a B16 in a metro

Stripped yozza'd cup
Welcome bud :) will be serious when it's done!

You should leave it looking like 1.4 IMO, proper sleeper. That'll surprise a few folks!

A'Booo 172
Haverhill buddy =)

Na, I have too many honda bum boy friends, I fall in love with my clio everytime I step in it lol, everyone always tells me, 'why, its just a clio at the end of the day'.... But thats my point =)

Na, I want it to look good, I don't like that front bumper, 182 front bumper is so hot! and the point of a sleeper is to *use* hidden power and surprise people... Generally people in sleepers drive like w*****s on the road everytime they are overtaken by over rated cars or modified cars... I would rather have it as a talking point or something to play with on track while looking good and subtle. =)

A'Booo 172
I know this isn't a project thread but I would like your opinions on a japstyled plate on the front... Its more offset and lower at the moment, but I don't know if I should keep it like this, center it, or put a normal long plate back on...

The bumper is going to be resprayed and smoothed out soonish until I can be bothered to sort out a 182 kit < if I do now, I have a busy few months with a new job and travelling to and from manchester more frequently

198089_10150163021775407_640010406_8179223_3989860_n.jpg

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
should be a good build thread this! I'd stick with a normal plate but maybe a bit smaller...