ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi! Clio 200 South Wales

Clio 200 & 2004 1.2
I bought my first performance car in May of last year
I went to the 2016 French Car Show and had a blast with my 2 mates, but was too nervous to talk to anyone, I think I was a intimidated by the modifications people had

I've only been out in the car with close friends and a few people from work. That's manly due to lack of knowledge of the car scene and working nights and weekends

This year I plan to have a real go at going to car meets, cruises and long drives, but mainly talking to people.
I absolutely LOVE the Clio 200, it's NA high revving engine, the cup chassis, recaro seats and supercar looks make this an amazing machine to drive

It's current state is good, but not perfect
It has a fault with the passenger airbag I've had the code read, but don't know the best course of action to fix it.
There is fluid pouring down the engine from beneath the intake manifold and has caused the subfame to rust, but I cleaned it up, treated and protected it from any further damage, it was the only component with enough rust to star compromising the component, other things like clips can wait till the summer to be changed.
The recaro seats need to be refurbished because of light wear & tear, but I don't have any clue where to get them done
I've lightly damaged the paint on the mid to low areas of the car. I didn't know driving fast could damage paint so extensively. I'll e getting that properly fixed by a reputable garage I know £1500 for everything but the roof and spoiler
Thankfully those are the only problems with the 2012 Clio, I was surprised by the rust situation

Everything is wet!

Please feel free to check out my car
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AJIUdrKDLlR-gQs

Mods: I'm going to be getting it remapped before it's first Track Day at Castle Combe on 7th April with a fresh set of Yokohama AD08R, the only previous owner put Ferodo DS2500 pads all round so they should be fun!

I'm looking forward to an epic year with this car being the centre of the experience

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Welcome :) I'm also from south wales, there was a local renaultsport mini meet sunday

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Welcome.
All the issues you've mentioned are very common. Keep an eye on eBay for Recaro spares, or not, there are plenty of trimmers that can do that kind of work. Mine are in really decent condition since I've owned the car from new, otherwise I'd probably need them too.

Clio 200 & 2004 1.2

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Looks lush ! By the way , you can always use the "upload an image" button next to the post reply button. No need to upload an album like you did as it will need to be approved by a mod or admin before you can use the album.

Clio 200 & 2004 1.2
MJRacing They're, I was trying to be artistic lol.
I live in Aberbargoed about 9 miles North of Caerphilly or 2 miles north west of Blackwood in the South Wales Valleys

optical Thanks for the tip I'll do that from now on lol

Looking....
MJRacing They're, I was trying to be artistic lol.
I live in Aberbargoed about 9 miles North of Caerphilly or 2 miles north west of Blackwood in the South Wales Valleys

optical Thanks for the tip I'll do that from now on lol
I try but I'm more autistic than artistic
20160325_140232.jpg

Clio 200 & 2004 1.2
Hey MJRacing that's a good photo, you can see the scenery much better in yours. I was using my phone lol.

When I was first shopping for one I saw a French Racing Blue clio and fell in love with that colour, but the next day when I phoned it was already sold so I kept looking. This 2012 with 39800 miles for £8900 this was a bit pricy, but the options cup pack, black roof, recaro seats and cup spoiler were too good too pass up, he also put Ferodo DS2500 pads all round.
They've eaten the discs so I'm looking to upgrade to EBC USR Grooved discs with a fresh set of DS2500 because they're awesome. The set of 4 Yokohama AD08R tyres were also a good choice and after extensively looking at other options I plan to renew those as well