ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi, clio mkII owner and noob from Ireland!

MK2 PH1 1.2 5DR
Hey, how you all doing? :)

So my first car is a 1998 clio mkII 5 door, which I have embarrassingly received from my granny who is no longer in a condition to drive. The upside of this is that she bought the car new. It has only done 5k miles and has had an old lady non smoker driver for all of it's life. So it's quite like new, and free!

I do have an interest in cars and car design and that but I don't really have much practical knowledge. So yeah, I came here as it seemed the most suitable for my questions.

Hopefully will eventually be able to help people like me in the future with the stuff I pick up from here!

Dunno if I should ask some of the questions I have here or take them to more relevant parts of the forum?

Never above 25mpg
Nice one! Definitely get the cambelt changed if it hasnt been done already, should be on its second one by now

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Hi and welcome :) where abouts from ireland are you?

Sash x

MK2 PH1 1.2 5DR
Nice one! Definitely get the cambelt changed if it hasnt been done already, should be on its second one by now

Even though it's barely been driven at all? Don't think it was driven for the last 3 years :D

Not sure if it's been changed or not, will have to check it out.

where abouts from ireland are you?

South Offaly / North Tipperary.

Never above 25mpg
Even though it's barely been driven at all? Don't think it was driven for the last 3 years :D

Not sure if it's been changed or not, will have to check it out.

Yes mate. Simple explanation is like leaving a rubber band out in all seaons! Deteriorates!

If it's still on it's first one you'd better get it changed sharpish!!

MK2 PH1 1.2 5DR
Yeah have found out it is, and will do.

That's coming out of my shiny new alloy wheels fund :(