ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi, Fancy a Clio 182

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Hi Guys and Gals, I have just sold my bike, and I really fancy a Clio 182, whilst I appreciate everyone will be a tad biased on here, I would just like a few pointers on what to look out for, my budget is approx. 3K, give or take for the right car, apart from the obvious, Cambelt, Dephaser pulley etc, what else should I be on the lookout for? I am not after a modded one, well I don't mind an exhaust as I know they are prone to go, any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Willo

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
welcome

tbh you pretty much have it covered, 3k is a healthy budget and should see a 'good' one and the main points of interest are the belts/dephaser history. after that its just usual things to watch for, wear and tear on components etc etc

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Hi Guys, thanks for the welcome, I take it all down to personal opinion an like with regards to cup packs etc? I don't think I will have enough for a trophy, being honest I can't wait to drive one to see what its like.....

Thanks
Willo

Clio 182
If it has the xenon headlights check the ballast... they have a tendency to fail and dipped healights wont work, the ballast fail usually when water is present to them... apart from what you and everyone else has said... also check the exhaust, if its rotted away can cost you between £300 to £400 for an aftermarket one, and renault will charge you £800 to £900 for their standard exhaust replacement :O