ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi, new 182 owner in Leicester

Clio 182
Hi,
Last Saturday i picked up my 182 with both cup packs.

I've had 3 clio's before including two 1.2's and a 1.5 90.

My last car was an x type 2.2d sport so switching over to petrol after 5 years is a bit weird

Heres the car:
IMG_20150228_170909.jpg
IMG_20150228_170827.jpg
IMG_20150228_170808.jpg
IMG_20150228_170854.jpg

Already done a few things, the exhaust was hanging as someone butchered the support and welded the exhaust to the remaining fragment. It snapped and was making an awful noise so ive had that welded back with a rubber hanger for the time being.

Hopefully i get the new supports and mounts soon and fix the mess.

Took out the basic parrot and put in my alpine head unit.
The interior silver dash strips looked a bit sorry for themselves so wrapped them with 3m carbon till i get some new ones or get a chance to spray them.

Had to re-fit the rear numberplate because it was hanging. Strangely it had some sort of superglue like adhesive holding it on.

Need to sort the brakes soon and give it a good going over with the rotary, especially the headlights.

Found lots of interesting things on here already so thanks and hopefully I'll get to meet a few people from Leicester.

Thanks for reading

Merc A Class
Welcome along mate, only had mine 4 weeks and so far fitted a replacement exhaust and sorted out a loose gear linkage but feels good to tidy a car up after you have bought it.

Any major plans in the future?

Clio 182
Cheers! Not really got anything massive planned. Want to get rid of all the annoying bits and give it a good detailing.

After that i guess my finances will dictate whats next.