ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High Idle and fluctuating revs after cleaning the Throttle body

Clio 172 RS ph1
Hi guys,
So yesterday i cleaned my throttle body and tdc sensor, by cleaned i mean that i took the tb out, cleaned it with carb cleaner and oiled the spring with some bike chain lube.
i also cleaned the Idle Control valve, (by spraying a shitload of carb cleaner through it).
when i started the engine after - the idle is around 950 rpm, and when the car is moving and clutch pressed\neutral the rpm is fluctuating between 1000 and 1500 rpm.
any ideas? is my ICV dead? is it the tps? why is the high idle?

Danny

Clio 172 turbo
Hi guys,
So yesterday i cleaned my throttle body and tdc sensor, by cleaned i mean that i took the tb out, cleaned it with carb cleaner and oiled the spring with some bike chain lube.
i also cleaned the Idle Control valve, (by spraying a s**tload of carb cleaner through it).
when i started the engine after - the idle is around 950 rpm, and when the car is moving and clutch pressed\neutral the rpm is fluctuating between 1000 and 1500 rpm.
any ideas? is my ICV dead? is it the tps? why is the high idle?

Danny

Hi did you solve this problem, I done the same as you and have high revving etc..?

Clio 172 RS ph1
if it's an air leak - where should i focus? i believe i checked everywhere..
and no - i didn't solve it quite yet...