ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Holey Renault 5 16V... Williams F7R & Alpha ITBs

Renault 5 F2000 Tarmac Rally / Sprint Car - Clio Williams conversion & overhaul

Ive had the 5 rally car for a few months now and have just been collecting parts for the engine conversion and overhaul, with my VW Caddy nearly road bound its time to make a start to get it ready for FCS 09

After finding out my white 5 shell needed a new inner & outer sill, floor and other bits of rust sorting, I stripped and scrapped it... I started hunting for a new more soild shell. The rally 5 had been on ebay a few times... Ive wanted it since i first laid my eyes on it, read the spec and seen the holes lol... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ksid=p3907.m29

Below is the final build spec of the car, Ive got all the parts. Its just a case of cleaning, painting and putting it all together. Once its built i plan to use it for a few trackdays this year, so i can get used to the car... then who knows what i will do with maybe compete in it (but going by my record, break it for parts and scrap it lol)

Engine

F7R 2.0L Williams 3 engine 85k
Ramair I/K
Magnorecore HT leads
Devil S/S Exhaust Manifold
BB Tuning de-cat
Mongoose S/S Exhaust
P/S pump removed
Thermal inlet manifold gasket
Thermal T/B gasket
Lighterned and balanced flywheel
Low temp thermostat
Performance fuel pump
Odyssey Light weight battery
Ktec GT Turbo uprated engine mounts

Renault Cambelt kit
Renault Header tank
Renault Waterpump
Renault Type D coolent
Renault F7R spark plugs

Gearbox
JB3 GT Turbo gearbox
JB3 1.8 16V gearbox
Valeo Willliams clutch
Quickshift with 16V gearknob

Chassis

Front Lancer Evo 3 struts fully adjustable damping camber and ride height
Rear Lancer Evo 3 struts adjustable damping housed in strut towers
Poly bushed Wishbones & ARB
Williams front 258mm brakes
Williams front hubs
Standard GT Turbo rear brakes
Standard GT Turbo Driveshafts
Quick rack steering rack
Hydro handbrake
Wheel stud conversion
Alloy wheel nuts
Strut brace

Wheels

Madin 8x13 Split rims - Slicks
RSi Steels 6x14 - budgets

Interior

Alloy fuel sell
Saftey devices Full cage
Bucket seats
Sablet Harnesses
Williams steering wheel
Plummed in fire exstigisher
Battery box
Reanult GTX clocks
Holes....
Heaters removed
Kill switches
Push button start

Exterior

Matt black bumpers, kit and custom Graphics
Ph1 19 16V bonnet vent
Poly carb windows
Bonnet pins
Lighterned bonnet
Lighterned Doors
Fuel flap removed
Sunroof Removed
Locks removed
Ph2 boot spoiler
F16.i.e window stickers

Some Pictures of the car as it stands
IMG_2448.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2423.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

IMG_2436.jpg

IMG_2340.jpg

IMG_2389.jpg

IMG_2355.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg

Cheers
Winston

wait and see ;)
Re: Renault 5 F2000 Tarmac Rally / Sprint Car - Clio Williams conversion & overhaul

looking good winston keep it up mate:)

BMW M5 & E36
Re: Renault 5 F2000 Tarmac Rally / Sprint Car - Clio Williams conversion & overhaul

Mint! Look forward to reading more :)

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

love it mate, especially the extreme lightning!

172 Race Car

Thats so mint!

Clio 182

Looking good fella, cant wait for the progress pics etc etc

172//Crap Micra//Bus

I'm looking forward to seeing how this come's on. Good luck bud!

106 GTI

looks amazing

C

clvs2222

The outside looks very "Ali G", the spec sheet reads good though

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5

Very smart, can see this looking awesome!

Ceratinly know what your doing Mr Winston!

M

mini-valver

I want :(

Always drop on you do, lol. It will be RAPID aswell!!

<3

u know where i am if u need any help, a fight or 'advice'

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Mint

Can't wait to see this one... no loud bangs this time though, please ;)

225 powered mk2

loveee it winston!

Today I have been painting my inlet and head with brush on hammerite but im letting todays coat dry so i can give them another coat, so no pictures yet. I would normally spray them but its far to cold to get good results

I also weighed my lighterned flywheel to to see how it compared to my standard flywheel

Standard

IMG_3805-1.jpg

Lightened

IMG_3802.jpg

Difference between the 2

IMG_3790.jpg

Im not sure if thats alot of saving in weight, as far as flywheels go.. but it all makes a difference :)

106 GTI

should help it pick up better

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

this thing will be so quick to 100....13'' rims on a 700 kg car!

Look forward to seeing the progress winstone!

Depends what box I use... as the 5 turbo box is geared for 13's.. still not sure which box to use

Valver box - 120mph (on 13's)
GT Turbo box - 145mph (on 13's)

I deffo want to hit 13's and trap at 100mph +

Dunno why but I just can't warm to NA conversions on GT Turbo's. It just feels a bit wrong, I loved the character of that little carb'd lump in my old 5 :(

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Dunno about losing character, for me n/a rules but then I've never owned a turbo lol
but I do know how good a nice f7r is in a lightened valver you lose another 100kgs+ and it will be truely savage in the first 3 gears....I reckon the valver box might work better winston, letstorque says 13.3/13.4 based on 165 bhp or so... I reckon with a 2.0 60ft it sounds about right!

Its a bit of an outcast project, all the GTT boys would want to see it a 16v turbo and most of the Mk1 Clio boys are not fans of the R5's looks

I loved the C1J lump but had no look with it and to turbo a 16V lump is just not cost effective imo

The Williams enigne is pretty much the same spec that i had in my Black hybrid and i always wanted to reshell that onto a R5... That trapped a 99mph so with a few less kg it should be an animal

Vw caddy tdi

5Gt box 145mph on 13's? have seen 140 on 16's on 13's tho I may be suprised?

we de-stickering it in the week?

yes i want to help...

oh and hi perspex windows?

we de-stickering it in the week?

yes i want to help...

oh and hi perspex windows?

Stickers are long gone ;).... you can help soon;), just got to get all the boring stuff out the way

PICT4709.jpg

Its got perspex windows but Im going to redo them and use the Renault window seals as its not water tight in present form lol

ahhhh good boy!

well im ready n waitin so just holla me (i think thats what they say) x

looks a bit damp inside the car, lol

Some of the boring stuff lol

Inlet before (sorry poor picture)

IMG_3810.jpg

Inlet after 2 coats of hammerite

IMG_3846.jpg

IMG_3842.jpg

Just plodding on getting all the parts cleaned and painted :)

Rb182cup+s2 rallye

good work winston looks loads of fun seriously light aswell

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182

i <3 5's

Vw caddy tdi

Nice box the 5 t's have much tougher design than clio gb's imo, it would be intresting on a willy engine in a 5 shell to see what gearing was like and or if it was suited to sustained higher rpm. Oh like the splits on 5 too was expecting them black but im pleasently suprised keep up the good work.

A Williams engine isn't really that revy so maybe thats the best bet thinking about. Also GTT owners never seam to need boxes like the valver owners.. this gearbox dilema is killing me lol

The splits have been painted black (and are on my caddy for the time being) thats just the colour they were when i got them. I just tryed them on to see what clearance is like with slicks... altho they did look pretty cool with the yellow :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Rat?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

LOL?

^I did a little:eek:^

an old update that i had done before i started the thread

I made a heat sheild for the starter motor to protect it from the heat from the exhaust manifold, the factory item is a cover that goes over the top and tbh gets in the way...I cut up a Audi TT boost pipe heat sheild to suit

Before

PICT4630.jpg

After

PICT4631.jpg