ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home brew almost sheep boost bus build ect

SQ5
I was always going to make steel ones if I ever went forged. The omex ones were the absolute firsts to be made so are almost prototypes!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
@marinemackay2003

Hay bud, as discussed....photos...hope these help.

image2_zpsc403dd4b.jpg

image3_zps9906a470.jpg

image4_zps6dce5ee3.jpg

image1_zpsb07ac423.jpg

image5_zpsbacf1e28.jpg

You can see clearly where they have worn away / warped the bolt holes under load. The worst is the very 'thin' bolt hole in photo 2 and 3. Close to snapping when it came off the car. I have new k-tec brackets (didn't buy them) but i'm going to speak to @Dan@SJM about the potential for a repeat performance tomorrow when he is fitting the kit.

yeah i agree Chris, fairly flimsy design, looking at the bolt hole that cracked, there is only 1 mm of aluminium on the outer edge of the hole and only 2.5 - 3 mm in depth from where the have drilled for the bolts
making it out of steel should sort these issues though

wonder how many have had these fitted and have had issues with them breaking @tom172cup

big boost cup
yeah i agree Chris, fairly flimsy design, looking at the bolt hole that cracked, there is only 1 mm of aluminium on the outer edge of the hole and only 2.5 - 3 mm in depth from where the have drilled for the bolts
making it out of steel should sort these issues though

wonder how many have had these fitted and have had issues with them breaking @tom172cup

That's another reason I don't go to gaytec anymore. There workmanship is shite. That bracket of mine has done 8k max

SQ5
I had the first revision of that which had a similar bracket the inlet side too. It cracked but in a non important area.

some recent random updates

got my gearbox back, so gave it a quick clean and decided to paint it in vht black, looks much better
Before
0905198E-C400-457F-87F9-70EC169B4FCA_zpsthpzluhz.jpg

After
95464C74-B1F8-486F-BBB0-547FF6FD246A_zpsqhlydi5i.jpg

also bought some headbolts from Eurocarparts for £28 -Bargain
i was worried about getting a base map, start up calibration for the Omex 600, But after a little search on here, i found out that Omex will make you one for free
Result
So if any one wants a base map for a forged, Supercharged clio on 630cc injectors with a 3 bar map sensor pm me

Currently in Norway for 6 weeks with work, cant wait to get back to start putting it all together

Been slowly buying a few bits whilst in Norway, got back today to get it all
FE21B104-9683-4B73-8265-7C0BBDF08D96_zpsqzjipsus.jpg

some steering rack bushes, and a 3 bar map sensor from brands hatch performance, seems like they have the best after market copies of the original Weber Marelli sensors,
now to wire it in to an omex

also bought a megane crank pulley but not the bolt ( idiot ) and the head bolts arrived, so now i need my timing tools back @Chi and can make a well well over due start at bolting it toether

Managed to get my steering rack bushes fitted last week - what a s**t job that was

And today I took a trip to TTS to sort out a larger supercharger pulley, I went to a 90mm instead of the standard 85 mm so I should be able to rev to around 7600rpm without over speeding the charger, really nice guys and have a great workshop, changed the pulley over for free for me . Result

Some nice cars there

26382528-B126-4CEB-9CC4-01D75FFEE693_zpsnzaoif5u.jpg

124B6B73-5668-4855-9E7D-294780C2E408_zpsbfnshd15.jpg

DD7E75E5-30AA-4CFC-B7B0-3D57649064A0_zps6ycwwxj6.jpg

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
pretty sure its a british built car called a contera or something, could be wrong though