ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How are these coilovers?

Ive got a mk2 clio dci with a pretty loud audio setup. Its all so heavy that it weighs my back down and makes my car have a "lent back" stance haha. I was thinking about getting some coilovers so i can adjust them to make the car look level again or even give it a "lent forward" stance. Also would like them to improve the handling, along with a front strut bar. My budget is around £200 for the coilovers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COILOVER-...arParts_SM&hash=item2ebc0f08f2#ht_3247wt_1270

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
This should be interesting.

Before the games begin, it may help us if we can see a picture of how 'leant back' your superfly clio is. That way we can advise on the coilovers you may need to get things balanced out again.

SQ5
They'll be fine for height adjustment, but will be s**t for everything else including ride quality

Clio
A member on here AK has those coilovers I think. Drop him a PM and see how he is getting on with them.

Lotus Elise
General rule with suspension, the more expensive they are the better.

(This isnt always the case but it is here)

Lotus Elise
Funnily enough I was talking about these with someone today, still on for making them happen........

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
I used to run Rokkors on my old 1.2, were fine for everything I needed, the ride wasn't particularly comfy but it was bearable for the year and a half I had them fitted. Never had any issues.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Tbh it's never going to handle tremendous with all of that weight in the back

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
rokkors are decent for what they are. a few people on here use them inc myself. but as said, PM AK for his advice.

and you cant really say 'i want it to handle well... but has a huge sub in the boot' its not really going to work.

but for cheap and cheerful lows theyll do :)

Focus st170
im running ta-technix coilovers an i really like them. its a bouncy ride but it aint too harsh tbf. handling wise its grate fun not much body roll at all. any questions about them just ask mate.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I've been in a Clio with these fitted and the ride was horrendous, they may be cheap but I'd save up for something better, double your budget and get some second hand FK konigsports.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I've been in a Clio with these fitted and the ride was horrendous, they may be cheap but I'd save up for something better, double your budget and get some second hand FK konigsports.

Amen. Konigsports were great on my 182.

To be fair i know the ride isn't going to be comfortable when getting new suspension to improve the handling and that's something i'm willing to give up. And im not aiming for my car to be track ready, i just want an improvement over the standard suspension in terms of handling not comfort. My mates clio has had lowering springs but he still has the standard shocks and its bouncy as f**k, as long as it's nice and firm and not bouncy i'm not too bothered comfort wise.

And to everyone saying its not going to handle great with a heavy sub in the back imagine what its like on standard suspension, whats why i want to upgrade it lol.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
They will make your car handle worse than standard, seriously so crashy it was ridiculous.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
This topic has been covered to DEATH!

theyre tat, but theyre cheap,

theyre good value because you pay basically nothing!!

SQ5
It shows the actual product in the main photo with two rear springs, the one in the listing is a stock photo, the shocks look nothing like Clio ones

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Probably just a random pic of rokkor coilovers. I wonder how many search results you'll get when typing rokker/raceland in the search!

I put this on my 1.2 '02 clio, i fitted some 16x8 Schmidt evolution spacelines and definitely wanted to drop the height! First off i didnt have alot of £££ at the time so i thought hell 220 quid for the kit with 140 to fit them was probably the most i wanted to spend. I guess there dropped probably around 40-50mm all around, which is probably the most you would want to drop them on this kind of suspension.

Immediately you can tell the ride quality is alot worse, but for me i feel that ride quality has improved as the car is alot firmer to the ground the car feels more stable overall, but you do feel pretty much every bump in the road, and i do worry if the car will suffer in the long run but i guess time will tell.

HOWEVER..

It is tolerable, and to be honest i've gotten used to it. I mean it is a 1.2 so im not going to replace them anytime soon but if i kept the car for longer i probably would look for a better and more comfortable kit!

Personally i wouldnt tell people to avoid it because for the money you could do far worse, id just say always bear in mind that it is a budget kit, DONT slam it and just drop it enough to get rid of the 'Monster truck' look of the standard suspension and you will be fine.

For the money = There alright, they give a good look but the ride does suffer.