ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how can i get more power out of my 1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
  172 ph1
Thread starter: seriously, don't strip your 1.2. You'll have little luck selling it on if you do.

Easiest way to get more power from your 1.2 is to sell it and buy a 172 ph1. Much cheaper than an engine swap.

there no point buyin a diesel lol the car i want more power out of does any diesel on roads where i live they dont stand a chance on contry roads. its stripped out got a straight through exhaust induction kit and an ecu remap.

would of loved for you 2 of gone up against 1 of the lads ibiza cupra dervs.. mapped 2 about 200bhp n shed loads of torque... another 1 of the lads TROPHY couldnt keep up on the straights no doubt would of been different on the bk lane blast. i think your abit of a dreamer tbh

i had a 1.2 as my 1st car n best thing to do is just spend the money on handling cos mine was standard apart from been lowerd nd when things got twisty i used 2 piss on quite a few higher powerd cars

Last edited:

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Put a 3" jap exhaust on and some halfords go faster strips. I seen some kid with them on and he reckons hes gains 10bhp

Na but really pointless doing engine mods to a 1.2 just go low and slow. Cause really whats the point in spending £ on engine mods for a 1.4 micra stroll past you?

clio 1.2 8v
would of loved for you 2 of gone up against 1 of the lads ibiza cupra dervs.. mapped 2 about 200bhp n shed loads of torque... another 1 of the lads TROPHY couldnt keep up on the straights no doubt would of been different on the bk lane blast. i think your abit of a dreamer tbh

i had a 1.2 as my 1st car n best thing to do is just spend the money on handling cos mine was standard apart from been lowerd nd when things got twisty i used 2 piss on quite a few higher powerd cars

hu the f**k would buy an ibiza there a guy near me wiv an rs200 which is no quicker in the bends tbf

Evo 5 RS
well it is an 8v so at least it'll sound throaty with an open cone... Yeah that's about all you're gonna get really lol. Dunno if this is a wind up or not but - the facts are it's a single cam 1200cc oil burner. It's never going to be remotely fast

Fancy going up against my 1.4 RT ? ;)

Last edited:
  182, 6r GTi
sure allot of you wont agree but my mk2 ph2 1.2 16v clio could beat 1.6s 1.4 etc 1.6 is about as good as it gets but that was with a remap k-tec exhaust de-cat and induction kit + striped soooo to make it easy for you thers no point just, get a faster car in the first place.

^^^ this. Power to weight is the key :)

If you must spend money, spend it on handling. A good 1.2 will keep pace with a 1*2 on a twisty track.

I'm sorry, but I don't normally post in these type of threads.....BUT

That has to be the stupidest thing I have EVER read on this forum.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
there no point buyin a diesel lol the car i want more power out of does any diesel on roads where i live they dont stand a chance on contry roads. its stripped out got a straight through exhaust induction kit and an ecu remap.

my GT TDI highline with over 300 lbs /ft of torque and 137hp @ the wheels used to destroy stripped out VTS saxos never mind 75hp of 1.2 clios. mega lol tbf

i bet you love max power dont you?

260% JCW
172/182 are pretty slow compared to most family diesels nowadays, so not even much point in paying the increase in insurance for one.

There is no point in trying to get any extra power from a 1.2. You'd be better off selling it and getting a DCi 80 or 100.

Utter shite...... so im guessing you dont get to much hassel in your 200 cough cough.....

Stripped yozza'd cup
I'm sorry, but I don't normally post in these type of threads.....BUT

That has to be the stupidest thing I have EVER read on this forum.

Why???? A 1.2 with a good suspension set up, ARB and completely stripped.
My point was that it will handle just as well as a 1*2 but without the straight line speed.

This has been said many times on this forum before.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Why???? A 1.2 with a good suspension set up, ARB and completely stripped.
My point was that it will handle just as well as a 1*2 but without the straight line speed.

This has been said many times on this forum before.

It might handle just as well. BUT it will always be a test of driver talent... As I said above put the same person on the same day in the 1*2 and the 1.2 WOULDN'T get close to the lap time.

clio 1.2 8v
corse i love max power big time beliver in addin 10 ton o "ICE" to my already unter powered car ..... IDIOT

Stripped yozza'd cup
It might handle just as well. BUT it will always be a test of driver talent... As I said above put the same person on the same day in the 1*2 and the 1.2 WOULDN'T get close to the lap time.

But the point I was making was really that they can handle just as well as a 1*2.
I know it's kind of irrelevant but I bet a 1.2 with coilies and decent rubber would out corner a 1*2 on standard suspension. That's why I said it in the first place, I was just trying to support my case for him going down the handling route instead of power :)

clio 1.2 8v
But the point I was making was really that they can handle just as well as a 1*2.
I know it's kind of irrelevant but I bet a 1.2 with coilies and decent rubber would out corner a 1*2 on standard suspension. That's why I said it in the first place, I was just trying to support my case for him going down the handling route instead of power :)
thanks for your input i think thats the best way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.