ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How can I improve the front of my clio.

BMW 330ci
I really wanna improve the front of my non sport, but dunno what to do.
I have a few ideas,

• I've got aero wipers.
  • I have purchased silvervisions.
  • Some new bulbs, nothing amazing just want a brighter, whiter look so we shall see what there like.
  • Maybe a 3/4 plate without a border, and plain for the back. As my plates with the border seem to spoil the front, and like the idea of a smaller plate, just worried about police with it.
  • Maybe a Skoda splitter.
Any other suggestions would be great, just feel the front doesn't look that great :\
Here's the front of my car...

6431271945_0a33632561.jpg

DSCF3904 by Brad-Smith, on Flickr

BMW 330ci
Thats what I'm thinking and without a border, for some reason my letters look large compared to other peoples :s, dunno if this is just me though.

Arctic 182 FF
New plain one or smaller number plate, Fabia splitter would look better than the standard one. Other than that I wouldn't change anything I think they look alright

BMW 330ci
New plain one or smaller number plate, Fabia splitter would look better than the standard one. Other than that I wouldn't change anything I think they look alright
Thinking maybe a smaller one :\, and yeah thinking of getting a fabia splitter but may get plates first see if it looks good, then maybe buy one.

change the colour of your badge and if you could afford it a sport front bumper
I have tried that, well wrapped it in carbon, didn't really like it as I like having silver badges, bullets and wheels :\. And can't afford sport bumper lol, well I would need the wings and skirts :\

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Don't change the badge mate. Keep it OE.

One of the best changes I did to my non sport (long time ago) was change to a facelift bumper. 04 onwards iirc. Looks much smarter. Lot to change just for a bit more style. Colour coded mouldings of course. Keep the sport grille.

Set of xenons? I had those also.

Get a plate from "show plates" show section. No borders, no nothing. Totally clean like this...

0fa7f17e.jpg

Last edited:
  BMW 330ci
Hi mate,

Have a look at my thread..

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?579149-Black-1.2-Dyanmique-Progress-Thread/page4

I
put on

- HIDS
- RS Grille
- Renault Laguna Splitter
-Colour coded the front end
- UK Pressed Legal plates

Getting some new bulbs see what there like.
Got one.
Might get a skoda one.
Got one.
Might get a 3/4 one.

Don't change the badge mate. Keep it OE.

One of the best changes I did to my non sport (long time ago) was change to a facelift bumper. 04 onwards iirc. Looks much smarter. Lot to change just for a bit more style. Colour coded mouldings of course. Keep the sport grille.

Set of xenons? I had those also.

Get a plate from "show plates" show section. No borders, no nothing. Totally clean like this...

0fa7f17e.jpg
Was thinking about that bumper but then cba really just looking for small touches as I don't mind the one ive got.
I'm thinking of getting fresh plates and maybe a 3/4 for the front

Fresh clean plates and some 182 xenons as Gally said, they look better even when they're off.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Just leave it the f**k alone. Why does everyone need to 'improve' things ?! Go find the comedy green monster truck project, read that, observe then leave yours alone. It looks fine. :rolleyes:

Your plate - is it a private one or just a ridiculous coincidence ? :approve:

BMW 330ci
Just leave it the f**k alone. Why does everyone need to 'improve' things ?! Go find the comedy green monster truck project, read that, observe then leave yours alone. It looks fine. :rolleyes:

Your plate - is it a private one or just a ridiculous coincidence ? :approve:
Lol fair enough. And it's just I think the front spoils it every time I look at it. I think it's the plates tbh. I have already seen, if it's the project with a green grill.

Yeah plate is private. BS are my initials, then 0 3RAD looks like Brad, well I think so lol

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

ROFL.

I think it looks good really, very subtle. Maybe get a set of 172 xenons as the 182 xenons have the nasty grey inserts. Failing that just another plate minus the boarder, either a 3/4 or a plain one.

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
I wouldn't worry to much about the police, I have been stopped before by them, just as a random stop, and they checked over the car and didn't pick up the 3/4 plate, its only really going to be a problem if they are in a particularly bad mood

BMW 330ci
I know yeah think I am gonna get one might measure it up tomorrow see just how big I can get away with it still being within the recess. Hopefully won't be as noticeable. Or might just go for 90mm.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I got a £60 fine for my old one, but this was after getting a £30 fine for my old Yozza Race :(

Definitely get a different splitter on there. Makes the front look so much nicer than that standard awful splitter.
I had a fat megane one on mine, but like you said Skoda probably would look as good.

BMW 330ci
Definitely get a different splitter on there. Makes the front look so much nicer than that standard awful splitter.
I had a fat megane one on mine, but like you said Skoda probably would look as good.

Yeah hate the one with the holes in. Really like the look of the skoda one and it's relatively cheap.

BMW 330ci
Ordered some fresh plates today, can't wait for them to come now. Ordered completely plain ones, with the front being 520mmx90mm. Should improve the front :) then we'll see about the splitter.