ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How Can I tell if my windows is Genuine?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Is there a way I can tell that my windows software is genuine?
I bought the laptop second hand but need to upgrade some stuff.

Thank.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Sticker on the bottom says Vista, but laptop is now on Windows 7..

If you right click my computer and select properties it will tell you in there if it is genuine.

Also run Windows Update and if it isn't genuine then it will show a message.

If you wish to get a copy of the key then give the magic jellybean key finder a go and keep the key safe!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Would you say this is genuine??

Untitled-1.gif

Just because Windows thinks it's geniune it doesn't mean it is. I have a friend with a cracked copy of Windows 7 and it all appears legit. He still has to be careful with his updating though. MS regularly release updates that can spot specific cracked versions.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Gone for the safe option and done it on another laptop.

Can someone please help me with my other thread in here?!

Just because Windows thinks it's geniune it doesn't mean it is. I have a friend with a cracked copy of Windows 7 and it all appears legit. He still has to be careful with his updating though. MS regularly release updates that can spot specific cracked versions.

If you remove windows activation stuff it wont appear when you look at System like in the picture above.

The good loaders circumvent this by forcing it to become "geniune" preboot. I've installed all updates and had no problems