ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how did every one buy there car

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I lease the Audi for the wife.

The Clio, Jag, Van, 406, Rover & Passat are all mine paid for with casheesh.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Bank of Dad for the Clio - last car I "paid" for :)

Christ!! When I was younger, i was into the 'Bank of Dad' for thousands!!

Luckily I got made redundant and gave him the redundancy money :eek:

Chelsea tractor
Same lol (I got it 5 years ago). They're getting paid back when I qualify though! Problem is, they probably wouldn't take it :(

f**ked ph1 172
robbed ;)

bank loans arent bad new thats pish. you always own the car.
finance is bad news but if people need a car and can afford it then no problem.
saved for my last car and bank loan before that.

lol, its got quite a spec list, immaculate inside, and out bar a crack in the rear bumper, but i've replaced the rear bumper, then the engine went :rolleyes:

182 Cup
happened to have 20k saved for the house deposit. seen the 182 on a ramp at parks motherwell and just bought it outright. luckily i only needed 12k for the deposit :) oh how i love the clio :D

320d
Bought it outright. Had a bad accident on my scooter thought and got a claim so thats how it was funded.

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
First clio was bank loan, the extra for the 182 was a daddy loan :approve:
3rd of my wages every month though!

Wouldn't do finance after working in a finance house. Dealers are dodgy as f**k, "what commission is that? Ahh, just put the rate up..and more, aaand more"

Partner's Astra SRi
Saved up then Dad said he'd pay half for me. Then took it to my Grandparent's for them to have a look and and my Grandad said he'd give me £1000 pounds to pay for it. So in the end I only paid £500 out of my own pocket for it!

Clio 200 Black and White
Cash - my gf paid half :)

Loans are ok if you're super diligent at paying them off. If you're not, they will eat you.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Traded in my 206, money I'd saved up, my bro lent me a bit and loaned the last grand! lol... still paying it off :S

TrackCar & F30 330d
Well i saved loads of money from when i was 17 and kept saving as my parents said they would double what i saved. So i kept saving as the more i saved the better/faster car i would get. Eventually i saved so much money that my parents said "well you'v got enough money so why dont you buy your own car" but by that time i was off to uni. So 2 years of saving went on my first year at uni.
Now i'm 21 and in my placement year, i saved up some more moeny to actually buy my first car and my parents randomly gave me some money. Not sure if it's a loan or if they gave it to me out of feeling bad that they bought my sister 2 cars but then didnt help me get one.
So yeah, i saved, and a bit of a loan from the parents.

s1 williams/106gti
106 ON A LOAN WILLIAMS FOR FREE ;)
.............dont do the loan . my 106 is f"ck£d and im gonna be paying it off for another 2 years when its already been 3.

BMW E92/Audi S3
I'm just going to sell the clio and pay the money off for a deposit on the S3.
Pay the rest on Loan..

None
Car Auction in Mosely Saved £900 from private but then ended up spending that through repairs borrowed it all from my dad slowly paying it back with difficulty

Would go again though but for a car with less miles and more SH

Last edited:
  clio 16v
lol.. saved half my wages every week for a few months! still got more to pay 4 insurance and my test though.. piss take