ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How Do I Fit My Ecotek

Hi Guys,

Just picked up a Red Ecotek valve for my clio. I got a 1.2 16v mk Facelift 2002 model. Can anybody give me any help as to the location of the vacuum servo pipe i have to place the Ecotek on?

Im not a stranger to mechanics, but im no expert. Ive searched the forums for any pictures that could help me, and looked on the Ecotek website but couldnt find any for my model.

Does anybody have any pictures, or can give me any pointers?

Stevo

Ive got some experience with engines, but not newish ones, only from tinkerin with older cars.

Can you help? What i really need is pictures.

forget pictures!!!!

its simeple.....comming off the brake servo (big round tub looking thing just before the master cylinder adn generally under/behind the fluid reserviour) is one lone rubber pipe. Follow it it the inlet manifold and thats yer jobbie.

Cut about 6" from the manifold and stick your useless valve there, then prepare for nowt...lol

Sorry, i hope youve read one of the million threads on these con valves.....granted, their marketing is SUPERB! lol

have fun

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 25 April 2003

forget pictures!!!!

its simeple.....comming off the brake servo (big round tub looking thing just before the master cylinder adn generally under/behind the fluid reserviour) is one lone rubber pipe. Follow it it the inlet manifold and thats yer jobbie.

Cut about 6" from the manifold and stick your useless valve there, then prepare for nowt...lol

Sorry, i hope youve read one of the million threads on these con valves.....granted, their marketing is SUPERB! lol

have fun
RIGHT "THATS IT BenR" Your sacked from being the main Ecotek rep!!!!!! Come and collect your cards on monday please.............LOL

Thanks Sport172. I have looked at the website before, and the engines arent the same as mine.

Ive had a look, and i think i know where it is, however i wanna be sure before i start snipping.

I really need a pic of it installed on a 1.2 16v.

Stevo

I had one on my 1.2 16v but removed it after it decreased mpg and made a really bad sound, really bad. But if you still want to fit it there is a shiny rubber house coming from the top right and side of the engine. The house comes of by squeezing the plastic adaptor were the house goes into the engine. You will need some jubilee clips and some larger diameter rubber to connect the ecotek between the vaccum house. Good luck!

Chris

Are you sure? Thats the only pipe i thought it might be.

I had a fiddle, and found a pipe (Unknown to me it was the fuel injection pipe) i pulled it off and petrol pi$$ed everywhere, so i came to the conclusion it was not the correct pipe.

Thanks Chris, ill ring K-Tec (I bought it off them) up today and ask them for certain. Dont want to go messing up the thing.

Didnt i give you bloody instructions a while ago....you know....up there!

do do you need me to hold you hand and point out pipes?

there is only 1 brake servo pipe!!!!

just cut it

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 28 April 2003

just cut it
Or even better, DONT!

Or just buy my advanced car tuning product, the hyper-mega fuel hose technopaperclip. Will do as much good.

And dear god, the noise that those Ecowhatsits make is genuinely awful! Imagine a loon perpetually emptying the dregs of a mcdonalds milkshake in your engine bay. Scccccchhhhhluuuuuuuurrrrrrrrpppppppp. Wish my car sounded like that!

Lol..... Come on did anyone actually get a rolling road done before and after the ecotec thingys? I have read all of what Benr has wrote in previous posts but I mean come on what a good idea thay had... Its like one of those send you money abroad things to start up a company then double your investments hahahahhahaha

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 29 April 2003

who would pay 40 quid for a RR session to see if you gained 1bhp?
Good point, but then again, who would pay £50 for a piece of plumbing pipe and then cut their brake servo hose to attempt to get the £50 piece of pipe (presumabley made out of solid gold) to "create turbulence in the air intake" to get that debateable 1bhp? Heheheh....

Funny guys.

Just thought id give them a try. If its $hit, then ill flog it to one of my mates, but at the end of the day what more can i do to a 1.216v??

P.S.

I dont have money to burn otherwise i would have bought a faster car.

Stevo, just teasing! I did the same to my 1.4 Clio, hence how I know it sounds awful and does nothing! I honestly suggest taking them up on their money back offer before damaging your car by hacking hoses up. With a 1.2 you will probably be better off spending your money on handling if you want to modify it. Even if it isnt powerful it can still be fun to drive.

Rhys

Ive lowered it Rhys, 60mm. Did it on sunday, so its still sinking and bedding in. I wasnt going to cut the pipe, but make an extended pipe that just plugs into the end. OR, get the pipe off a scrapped clio and modify that to fit onto the end of the existing one, with the Ecotek inline.

You get me?

Not a bad idea...

Then you can take it off and get a refund when you get pissed off at the silly noise it makes! ;)

Correct a mundo !!

Does it really make a bad noise?

I want the sort of pphhaarrrpp noise from my engine. My mates got a T-Reg 1.25 Fiesta, hes fitted one and a piperX and some other stuff and his is quite loud.

I got a piperX on mine too. Not very loud, is it worth upgrading to the Stainless Steel one you can get from Ripspeed through Halfords??

Its definitely more of a Scccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrpppppp noise that a pphhaarrrppp noise.

think along the lines of farting and squeeking.....

its a normal 6mm vacuum tube......no need to get it off a scrapped car!

BenR, you dont really know absolutly EVERYTHING you know.

Getting it from a scrapped clio would have the correct fitment on the end, so no, it is not standard 6mm piping is it !

correct fitment on the end?

its a servo pipe....its a peice of pipe with cut pipe end........what are you talking about!?

BTW, i know EVERYTHING there is to know.....as Spock! its jsut logical!

Quote: Originally posted by Rhys on 29 April 2003

Its definitely more of a Scccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrpppppp noise that a pphhaarrrppp noise.
Mate I bet they sound the nuts..... Is it like a coffee machine then? Hey what if you fitted 2 of them to your car, would you get 2 bhp and twice the noise or would your brakes fail? :p

Range Rover, GTC, LP640

i bought a polished one for mine but apparently well lane said you wouldnt see it where it goes and would be apine fitting it so it went back