ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do i remove holograms (FAO DETAILING GUYS)

RS6 C7
My dad picked up his new car today and it's been the first day iv'e seen it in the sunlight, I was shocked! The paint work is a bit of a state, Not something you would expect when the car has just come form a top garage in Birmingham, The guy also has plenty of ferrari's , porsche's nissan gtr's etc so i wouldn't expect this from there.. I'm guessing the garage have polished it badly but i'm not 100% sure what's caused it and all i know is it wants sorting!

How do i go about removing them? I have a kestrel das 6 with a few compounds etc but my skills are extremely basic.

Here are some pictures i grabbed this morning, It doesn't show up too well with my iphone but all the lines you can see in the picture are holograms...

fdgd004.jpg

fdgd003.jpg

fdgd002.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It caused by a number of things mate, poor technique covers most of it. Not breaking down polishes.

You need a finishing pad and polish or something like Britemax Blackmax even on a finishing pad has to be worked right though.

Good luck with it. I'd personally be looking at compensation. Get a local vat registered detailer to give you a quote on fixing it and give it to the garage.

RS6 C7
It caused by a number of things mate, poor technique covers most of it. Not breaking down polishes.

You need a finishing pad and polish or something like Britemax Blackmax even on a finishing pad has to be worked right though.

Good luck with it. I'd personally be looking at compensation. Get a local vat registered detailer to give you a quote on fixing it and give it to the garage.

Well iv'e started it today a couple of hours back, It's coming up amazing! I was only using AG super resin polish ( I know your not a fan) but it's giving fantastic results. No holograms in sight now :)

There still is swirling in place but i will leave that for another time.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The only thing is the Srp might be filling the holograms not getting rid of them.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
After a few washes guaranteed. It need machine polished to remove them fully.

Ly Megane 230 F1
i have just corrected the paint on my dads lexus is250...when it came to finishing i used a gtechnic finishing pad and theyr P2 hologram remover polish..really cant fault it at all :)..look on youtube for videos of guys using it.

Like gally was saying... SRP isnt a very abrasive polish at all...its more a filler than a remover.. it will look good for a few weeks but theyl come back.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
A lot of things are called polish. Zaino Z2 is called a polish.

They very rarely are actual polishes.

See my earlier post in the thread.