ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long have you owned your Clio?

Clio 182
I'm coming up to owning my 182 for 3 years. Its the longest i've ever owned a car and am getting itchy feet!!. Thing is i've spent so much money on the car and its runs like a dream that I cant bring myself to sell it!!

So whos had their Clio the longest or what is the longest you have ever owned a car?

R35 GTR
Had my first one for 11 months, last one a 172 for about 18 months. This 182 i have had since last sunday.:)

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
coming up to a 12 month of clio ownership and have spent nearly £800 sorting out little issues such as:

1) New rear cylinders and shoes on both sides
2) new discs and pads
3)new bearings on both rears
4)oil changes (engine/box/brake)
5)new starter motor (recon)
6) new coil pack and leads and spark plugs
7) replacement air filter
8) coolant flush and replacement
9)new pirrelli tyres all round

and some others which i cant remember

but now it runs like a dream.

bought it march 06 with 9500 on the clock

still got it and it now has 27000 on the clock.... so like 14 months in all

Clio 182
Had my first one for 11 months, last one a 172 for about 18 months. This 182 i have had since last sunday.:)

By what i've read Dave it sounds like your enjoying the turbo'd Clio!! Even if you encounter a few minor problems running it, the money you've saved by buying the car already converted rather then paying for the conversion youself, your in a win win situation! Fair play to you mate!

I've had it for five weeks now. In that time i've been to two cs meets, plus one v6 meet.

I did have a mint valver a couple of years ago, a car that I owned for three years.

R35 GTR

By what i've read Dave it sounds like your enjoying the turbo'd Clio!! Even if you encounter a few minor problems running it, the money you've saved by buying the car already converted rather then paying for the conversion youself, your in a win win situation! Fair play to you mate!

cheers.:) My thoughts exactly. I hope not to spend more than a few grand though.:eek:

Clio 182
I've got my first MOT next month so I don't know wether to change now or not even though I know it will sail through (hopefully!!) Sat in a corsa VXR today. Just done nothing for me. It just was trying too hard to be something special, not for me thanks. I'm test driving the Astra VXR next week. But I still love the Meg R26 and can get F+F discount on it... but I'lll probably keep the Clio!!

R35 GTR
I've got my first MOT next month so I don't know wether to change now or not even though I know it will sail through (hopefully!!) Sat in a corsa VXR today. Just done nothing for me. It just was trying too hard to be something special, not for me thanks. I'm test driving the Astra VXR next week. But I still love the Meg R26 and can get F+F discount on it... but I'lll probably keep the Clio!!

keep the clio! They are future classics.:)

Clio 182

keep the clio! They are future classics.:)

I probably will, I dont want to spend my whole life paying off depreciation on new cars. I'm not minted so I might as well fight the urge and stick with the best car i've ever owned or just until I need something bigger.

Clio 182
2 weeks lol for the clio

So whats your initial thoughts compared to other cars you've owned? Personally when I got my 182 I was dissapointed. I thought it was slow. Until I discovered the second half of the Rev counter, which happend to be on a corner! Then it just got quicker the looser the engine became.

'03 172, now a 2004 CTR
I've never kept a car longer than 6 months, but i intend to keep this one a bit longer :)

2 months so far.

R35 GTR
If it doesnt cost too much to keep on the road, I am never selling this one.:) Not a fooking chance. It's black/gold and quick as lightning. I've always wanted a black one.

GR7

Shiny red R32
3 years and 5 months - 84,000 miles.

I'm never selling it.
Crikey 84,000 miles in that short time!!! :eek:
That would take me about 28 years to do!!!! :eek: :D

I have had my Clio since January 2002 and it's the longest I have ever kept a car. I have had so many things replaced on it that I keep thinking that surely nothing else needs doing and I'm suffering the same problem with the ABS as someone else on here, when at low speeds it feels like there is a bit of juddering metal underneath the brake pedal. Hubby keeps telling me to get rid of it but there's nothing I fancy at the moment apart from maybe a new Mini or the 207GTi when it comes out, but having only driven 12,500 miles so far, I'm not sure I can justify getting a new car! ;) :eek:

I've had the 182 for around 18-20months now and can see me keeping it well forever, when the next car arrives the clio will be staying and becoming a track only car.

I should add I've done around 30k miles in that time easily lol!

Ruined the sale value, but I don't plan on selling it so its all good.

Clio 197
I've only had my 197 since end of Jan this year but had a clio 1.6 RXE W reg for over 4 years prior to the 197.

I can deffinatly see me keeping this 197 for longer than that though

M2 Competition
18 months, not that long really. Go through phases of being happy with it, and then wanting summat else. Not sure at the mo!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Had my mk2 ph 2 172 for just over 4 years 48k when sold on the clock and no major problems . Waited for the mk 3 to come out and didn't like the shape so i got a new 182 in Feb 06 . I'll most likely keep it until it's time for the cambelt change and then consider my options .

Had mine, 7 months and spent way too much on it so sell it anytime soon.

Although very tempted by other cars

Black Gold with cup packs
I have been through 3 cars in 18 months keeps my first two for all of 2 months and 4 months, then i had Rosie for best part of a year. and i have been given strict orders that i must keep HANS for at least 3 years. I have owned him for 3 weeks.

clio 182 black /gold
I have had my clio 2 years and 1 month. The longest i have owned a car is 4 years my corsa and nova.