ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long will O2 continue to charge me for my 18 month contract?

Not a 320d
Just recieved my 19th bill from o2 :S.

Im on an 18 month contract. I was under the impression that O2 would take my last payment for month 18, which was last month, and stop use of my phone.

So now i have to shell out another £30, i have £500 to last me the month, i have £40 coming out for my new Vodafone contract and £250 to cover my insurance and all other car related shite.

Im now left with £180 for the rest of the month and i have to think about petrol and christmas presents. Whoop de f**king doo.

Anyone able to shed any light on this, apparantly ive used 24 text messages this month and 52 mins, if i continue to still use my phone will the continue to charge me £30 each month, is that how it works ?

Washington

ClioSport Club Member
Until you cancel it. Just like pretty much every kind of service 18 month refers to the minimum contract length.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
you have to ring up and cancel your contract or the kind people at 02 weill renew it for another 18 months , they wont send a phone out either unless you request one

You'll need to give 28days notice, too. Probably means you'll have to pay next month too.

It'll only stop when you tell them to.

Washington

ClioSport Club Member
you have to ring up and cancel your contract or the kind people at 02 weill renew it for another 18 months , they wont send a phone out either unless you request one

It'll only get renewed for another 18 months if you upgrade your phone. Keep the same phone on the same contract and you can cancel it at any time after the initial 18 month period.

I do wonder how some people make it through life.

It will continue until you cancel it. You have to give a months notice. So you will probably pay next month. You should have told them you wanted to cancel in the 17th month if you wanted it to end.

The contract won't be renewed for another 18 months though, that only happens if you upgrade.

Not a 320d
Wow i wish they would have been kind enough to tell me this.

Can i pop in to the store and do it there. And do i have to pay this months bill ?

Da

Less
Yes you will have to pay this months bill and probably next months too as you have to give one months notice to cancel.

M2 Competition
I do worry sometimes

I worry too. But not about phone contracts. My one of those is continuing, as it has done, since it ran out last January. Im worrying about which car to buy at the moment. And selling my Bmw. Im also a little worried about global warming, i watched 2012 last week and a cataclismic sequence of events could bring our planet to a halt. If anything stops people using thirsty cars i think that film could be it. Do you think it'd be kinder to the planet if i bought a diesel car? They smell slightly funny, but you pay less in tax so i assume they're friendlier to the green belt.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You've put up with this place since you were 13, i'm impressed.

M2 Competition
Dan I worry about you sometimes. x

Thanks, it makes me feel warm inside. But not so warm as to heat the earths core causing a cataclismic version of events like in the film 2012, which bizarrely brings us back on topic. Well not on topic, as the thread is about mobile phone contracts. Do mobile phones heat the earth? That would be a coincidence.

M2 Competition
Limca, do you still want to buy my car? Could do with selling it this week, as have seen the new car that id like to purchase.

Limca, do you still want to buy my car? Could do with selling it this week, as have seen the new car that id like to purchase.

hey Mr PEP...
I am still waiting for my fooking redundency to come through! :dapprove:

I will call u tonight, pm ur new number