ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How low can you go

Astra Sxi
how low can you go before you fail a MOT? im asking this because iv got some -60mm springs coming in the next few days. cheers

mine was like this...alot more than 60m...

IMG_0179.jpg

and it couldnt do an MOT because it was rubbing on full lock at the front....so i raised it up a bit and it passed

Astra Sxi
yh iv just been reading your thread and im loving the car. After iv been on holiday my car will have alot more done to it. Will -60mm pass do you know?

mine passed its MOT like this... even with that splitter on :rasp:

mine was on fk highsport coilovers too, but not as low as f0xy and mine was on 17's

sta70432zw4.jpg

sta70579jq0.jpg

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
it would be sill not to tell them, apparently you fail an mot if they cant get your car on the ramps so it need to clear enought to get on ramps ar least lol.

^^ well it was low at the time.. them pics of my car were taken about 18months ago :)

Lol, I remembed the RR day down at BBPT - yeah i'll run my car up, Fred can you take my front bumper off so it can fit on the rollers please ??

:lolup: Classic !

Astra Sxi
ok guys, best call them, ill be pissed if they wont insure me since iv already bought them and iv just paid my insurance the other week for the year.

^^ well it was low at the time.. them pics of my car were taken about 18months ago :)

Lol, I remembed the RR day down at BBPT - yeah i'll run my car up, Fred can you take my front bumper off so it can fit on the rollers please ??

:lolup: Classic !

haha, i still have the performance gti magazine with the photos of my car on the rollers... how much gap still without no bumper on.. damm haha

and fred, 20secs and my bumper was off

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
if they are 60 drop springs you'll need dampers too any thing klower than 40mm needs new dampers.

again you should proabbly check with thour insurers before doing anything more, because woudl will be stuffed if your insureres wont accept mods.

mk 2 clio 1.2
speaking of P.I. 60mm springs? are they any good? i ve just ordered some for my mk2 ph2 1.2( i mean 1.poo) !:S