ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how much do u pay for wax?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Bought some collinite 476, wasnt that impressed as it was hard to get it off, so stick with Megs gold class wax at £15 a bottle
F*cking lol at doing it wrong and then blaming the product. Your an idiot.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
I have used AG extra gloss protection in the past. Awful stuff to buff off, not a bad product though. £10
Moved on to Victoria Concourse, nice product, not too bad to remove. £20

Latest product of choice Raceglaze '55' - £70
Very nice look, smell, feel.
Application is easy and very smooth, removal is good too.
Leaves a very good finish, hard wearing too. Even the most stubborn fly squats are easily removed by a light wipe over with the washmitt/shampoo.

I wouldnt go back to the cheaper ones, but I agree with what someone said earlier, the pot size is just too big, unless you wax loads of cars they last years.

Next time will go for sample pots then I'm not stuck with £70 on the shelf.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just sell it on, or scoop some out into a panel pot and keep it. I've bought and sold lots of wax. The way Glasur spreads it would take 100 years to get through a pot even using it on 2 cars.

Pros obviously go through lots of wax but then they have lots of choices. RG55 is a fantastic wax. I loved Vics, £20 for a small pot that will last for ages. Such a warm wax, left a great finish.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
You can't win Kev, either you see it or they don't. My friends are the same and will only use halfords basics and can't see why I spend the time or money on it. Even when I've done their cars and they see the difference they still don't understand. Guess a lot of it depends on how much you enjoy the whole saga and how much pride you have in your car and enjoy looking at it. The more you have the more you'll spend to see it shining

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Of course. I never tell people they have to use 9 buckets and wash with unicorn sperm. If they take their car to a car wash every 2 days then that's fine it's their car but don't start ripping the piss because I invest my time in keeping my car in good condition and spend car on products I enjoy using.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Just sell it on, or scoop some out into a panel pot and keep it. I've bought and sold lots of wax. The way Glasur spreads it would take 100 years to get through a pot even using it on 2 cars.

Pros obviously go through lots of wax but then they have lots of choices. RG55 is a fantastic wax. I loved Vics, £20 for a small pot that will last for ages. Such a warm wax, left a great finish.

I end up doing the mrs's RB 182, my Type R and the company car just to get through the stuff.
Anyone want any vics concourse? ;)

Not a 320d
Bought some collinite 476, wasnt that impressed as it was hard to get it off, so stick with Megs gold class wax at £15 a bottle

Lol.

I wont have a dig because I once did this. Applied to the full car, left to "cure" and then removed. Was so diffucult to remove I used an old Turtlewax drying towel with a long pile to it to remove it. Its durable stuff, but It dulls metallic flake and makes black paint look cloudy. Apply per pannel (Maybe even half) then remove.

I have a few waxes;

Swissvax BOS - Will never buy again
Zymol Glasur - 2nd pot
Zymol Carbon -2nd pot
Dodo Purple Haze (Used)
Dodo Purple Haze Pro
Dodo Supernatural V1
Vics Red
FK1000p (2nd Pot)
Collinite 476s (Used)
Colly 915

Probs got some more lurking about that Ive forgotten about.

Personally, (Oh noes someone that doesnt own a 10 year old M3 or clio sports makes a personal opinion on a forum) Id limit with Zymol Carbon for personal home use. It lasts well enough and produces tight beading even about 3-4 washes later providing you use decent stuff and its not overly expensive. Mind you, £60 for a pot of wax might disgust some people. Glasur is £99 a pot now? Thats better durability wise and IMO the waxed look lasts a few more washes over Carbon. Id never buy BOS again but its the most piss easy wax ive ever used. Apply to the full car then remove. Beading doesnt last but the feshly waxed look does outlast Zymol Glasur and it sheets well for a long time. I saw durability of 8 months before the car got sold. Ive still got about 2 cars worth left in the pot but dont want to use it.

But then this is a hobby.

Not a 320d
You can't win Kev, either you see it or they don't. My friends are the same and will only use halfords basics and can't see why I spend the time or money on it. Even when I've done their cars and they see the difference they still don't understand. Guess a lot of it depends on how much you enjoy the whole saga and how much pride you have in your car and enjoy looking at it. The more you have the more you'll spend to see it shining

Exactly. A lot of my friends dont and wont do it because they hate doing it. Once They see a car transformed from good products and the whole water wheeting ability they start to click and actually some of them admit that washing a car is now more enjoyable and easier. Plus that decent result is there after a wash rather thana dull looking swirl machine.

clio 172 cup
so if i was to say i have a wax coming soon to my range of products thats 52% brazilian carnauba wax with great durability but with a strong deep shine and its so easy to use what would u say? oh and its £40 a 100ml none of this £100 a pot stuff with me you pay for the product not the fancy name :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No. I can buy RG55 for the same price per volume mate and that already has a standing in the industry.

I'll happily test the wax for you though and report my findings. You're more than welcome to look at my previous detailing threads.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
i use dodo juice super natural - really easy to get off even in really cold conditions

It has some slight issues with gassing. V2 is a little better than the old V1 though.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
gassing? i just put it on n rub it off.. wit woo. I use thier quick detailer before tho if that makes any difference? I used to use AG stuff untill i had a nasty experience with it not drying one winter.. now its for summer use only

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Personally don't use wax, more of a sealant user having a Silver car I like the clinical finish they offer.

My staple is FK1000p with a weekly spritz of FK425 on top.

Also have Jeffs Acrylic trigger and have just placed an order for some AF tough coat which I'm hoping is going to be nice and easy to use over the winter to keep the car nice.

I do fancy a try with some Navi Wax though as some if the results I have seen have been great.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Personally don't use wax, more of a sealant user having a Silver car I like the clinical finish they offer.

My staple is FK1000p with a weekly spritz of FK425 on top.

Also have Jeffs Acrylic trigger and have just placed an order for some AF tough coat which I'm hoping is going to be nice and easy to use over the winter to keep the car nice.

I do fancy a try with some Navi Wax though as some if the results I have seen have been great.

Werkstat is definitely my favourite on Silver. I actually like Prime > Prima Amigo > Jett.