ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to change ball joints ona 182 Cup ?

Peddled device
Is there a guide on CS to change the front ball joints as I can't seem to find one?

Is it easy to do on my drive?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
yes its 3 bolts; 2 securing bolts and the pivot pin bolt. If nothing has rusted up then its very easy to do

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I never see the point in just changing the balljoint, I always change the whole wishbone.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Did mine this sat, got a pair of Lemforder ones from ECP with a discount code for about 30 quid.

I found, unbolt the bottom bolt on the caliper carrier so you can get a breaker bar and socket on the hub pinch bolt, we used a hammer and punch and an impact gun the other end to get it out, really seized. Then used a splitter to pop the joint out, and then unbolt from the wishbone.

We found its best to bolt the new joint to the wishbone first, then move it into position on the hub as it was easier to line one thing up then two. Balljoint in, pinchbolt in, tighten up, job done.

Hope that helps a bit mate.

Peddled device
Hmmm,ball joints or whole wishbones? You can just bet with my luck at the moment it'll be a bush problem and not the ball joints ! It's a quiet rattling from the front on both sides, noticeable after I had the front shocks changed.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Replace them all, they've probably never been changed so it's worth it.

Peddled device
Does anyone know what the part number/size is for an 05 Cup set of ball joints? Or is it worth getting them from Euro Car Parts ?

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Did mine this sat, got a pair of Lemforder ones from ECP with a discount code for about 30 quid.

unless im being daft, i cant find them on the ECP site, even inputting the cars details :(