ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to fit front component set?

Clio Trophy
I'm thinking of purchasing a component set to fit in the front of my Clio. I already have a sub and 500w amp in the boot. How would I go about fitting the component speakers?

Mk1 Clio
However you want to mate, ive got my 6.5s in the doors, with my crossovers behind the centre consol, then i ran my tweeters and mounted them above the top set belt mount, i had to extend the cable but it gives it a good all-round sound, so my advice is anywhere they fit and give good all round sound!!

Mk2 172
However you want to mate, ive got my 6.5s in the doors, with my crossovers behind the centre consol, then i ran my tweeters and mounted them above the top set belt mount, i had to extend the cable but it gives it a good all-round sound, so my advice is anywhere they fit and give good all round sound!!

Worse possible place for tweeters. Move then to dash or doors.

Mk2 172
I thought most models had them in the dash anyway.. straight swap?

Yeah they are on the dash but you tend to get awful reflections from them cos they are aiming up at glass. To get a good sound easily, you should keep the mid and tweeter as close together as poss. You can make an A pillar build for them but is costly.

vaux cavalier
with regards tweeter placement;

i would suggest you try them in a few locations before you make your final decision, subtle changes in position and aiming can yield decent improvements, but i would also avoid over stressing about it unless your considering competition.....to test different mounting locations simply stick the tweeters in place using blu-tack, give each position at least an hour of listening, then select the best one for you.....

with regards A pillar builds; heres a basic tutorial for you to look at.....
NEELEY's A pillar tutorial