ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to fit vibratechnics engine mount?

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Jack and block under the engine to support it then it's just remove the upper engine bracket (3 bolts) and then remove the engine mount (4 bolts) and reverse with new mount.

Easy job.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
If in doubt take it to someone. Ive never replaced one but would be happy to give it a blast, and im crap.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
It's as easy as Arran said. There will be no risks if you jack it up on the sump with a block of wood to take the weight of the engine. The bolts come straight off and the mount will be free then reverse it once your new mount is in place.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Don't tighten it ip completely.
Just so it's in place and will stay there.
Then drop the car on its wheels and let it idle for a bit so it can find its natural position.
Then tighten it up.

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
6.2 daN.nm = 62Nm

Capture_zpstllj6kmy.jpg

172 Turbo
I don't think I supported the gearbox as the dog bone is in place,

Remove battery, remove two bolts securing mount and then remove spindle nut.

Place the new mount over the spindle and push down, you may need to tap it down with a large socket. Do up until tight

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
:smile:

As mentioned in PM's but it may help others, I'd advise to remove the airbox, battery, gearbox mount cage and gearbox cage bracket rather than trying to undo the gearbox mount. The bolt under the ecu and at the side underneath the battery can be a bit fiddly but you'll have all the sockets and extensions in your halfords box.

It will be easier to remove and fit the new gearbox mount once the cage is off as you'll have access to the top and bottom of it for the pin nuts and gearbox mount nylocs. By all means try the otherway but although this way seems long winded, I think it'll be easier for you in the long run.

Not the best pic but you get the idea.

16775389777_a5ecd32766_z.jpg
Blurry pic of gearbox cage removed
by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Drivers side is easy peasy but gearbox is time consuming. Make sure you have a jack with some wood under the sump before you start and set yourself a few hours.

@seanybaby1788

This was Whatcom wrote on @dann2707 thread as he bought my old mounts. He'll be able to give you a heads up too.

Clio II 172 RS Ph1
I don't think I supported the gearbox as the dog bone is in place,

Remove battery, remove two bolts securing mount and then remove spindle nut.

Place the new mount over the spindle and push down, you may need to tap it down with a large socket. Do up until tight

Jep, followed the same procedure, but I did support the gearbox just to be sure. Replacing the top two mounts on the Clio was an easy job compared to my old Seat Leon.

Arctic 182
Dudddessss, im planning to fit the gearbox mount over the weekend (weather dependant). What tools will i need to get cracking?
Middle spindle nut looks like i might need a deep 18mm socket?