ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to improve the Clio 200 driveability?

Im looking for ways to improve the drivability of my 200 cup, imhappy with it but i just think its lackign a little in the lower rev range and could do with being slightly smoother.

Was looking at possibly, remap, different filter, and perhaps matched inlets...

Any fellow owners had any of this done, n seen any improvments?

cheers

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Sorry can't help, but blimey I thought the point of the 200 was that it was more driveable (compared to the 197s).

Abarth 500 Esseesse
Cracking chassis but they failed quite hard after the 182. Early 197 gearing was sh1t, heavier, worse on fuel, seemingly more strangled lower down.

Perhaps it's just as well they're killing off the RS Clio as we know it... before they do a Peugeot...

I have a 182, i just find it delivers the power better. It is better than the 197, but just find it needs a little more low down grunt to smooth out the power delivery after bout 3k revs, maybe help fuel economy a little too.

Nissan 350z
The reason you think your 182 delivers the power better is because the Clio 200 is bigger, heavy and better built (arguably) so it doesnt feel as quick from the cabin but on paper theres very little between the two.

A remap can help smooth out the curve but i wouldnt recommend it as theres other things to spend £150~£200 on. Id have a look into something like this as a starting point: Match Inlets.