ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to remove the rear seats

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hi i have a clio sport 172 02 plate and i want to remove my rear seats but cant figure out how? i have removed the bottoms but i cant get out the back rests?

BMW 330D
Theres a bar behind the rear seats u need to get into ur boot and unscrew it. I changed my interior last year and it puzzled me for bout half an hour till i found the bar at the back!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
yeah i started to unscrew that but it seemed the more i unscrewed the tighter they got i did not want to snap them??? anyone else notice this>?

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
Aren't the two backs connected by a single bolt between the two at the bottom? The other sides near the windows just come out of the slots that they rotate in once you push the seats forward.

The bar bolts are probably just a bit tight. Give them some welly. I'm sure you are alright to leave the bar out anyway even if they do snap.

Fabia vRS
If you're talking about the bar with loops/hooks on it, and it's got a plastic case clipped on, then yeah, the bolts are stiff, as they are effectively seat belt mounting bolts, as those loops are for the ISOfix type child seats. So no kiddies means you could lose the bar I reckon. : )

I kept mine in place, as it stops the mdf boot floor sliding about. I've got the baby, but no ISOfix seat!! : )

M2 Competition
Hey, ive got the bar out, but am stuck on the seat uprights.

Has two bolts in the centre of the seats underneath, with strange star shaped holes on top of them?

What tool removes these!?

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
Must be the Cups? Mine has a socket shape around the torx head, like the pic in the thread above.

Epic bump....I tried and failed to remove mine as I have no idea how a torx piece can physically fit to undo the last bolt by the bits you sit on. Must use miniture tools in France....

Clio RS 197
You only need to remove the T40 bolt furthest towards the rear of the car if i remember rightly, the other one needs to be loosened slightly, but it just slides into a notch.

I did mine by folding the seats forward, and then using an impact driver with an extension and a torx bit. The bolts are fookin tight. I guess you could use a breaker bar if you have a physique like the terminator... :cool: