ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to use Tyre Weld ?

How do you use tyre weld ?

I have found out in my other thread ( http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=307519) i need the car jacked up to inflate the tyre.
As the tyre weld can doesn't have enough in the can to inflate the tyre with the weight of the car on the flat wheel. (Meaning using tyre weld to inflate tyre and using no jack to lift flat tyre off the ground so theres no weight on it)

So i've now got to the stage with the car jacked up and the tyre weld in the wheel with tyre valve at top (12 o clock position) what tyre pressure would i put it up to ? :S

Or would i use the whole can cos you can't adjust the tyre pressure when using tyre weld ?

Sorry if this sounds silly, i aint used the stuff before :(

The weld stuff will set the tyres pressure or least it should.

I'd never use the stuff its rubish.

172 Race Car
never seen it work properly. depends on the size of the hole. Sometimes if the nail has come out the stuff just squirts out of the hole.

Chances are if u gat a flat on the motorway the tyre will be shagged by the time u stop anyway.

I agree with edde, tis crap

What you mean ? ?

Will it not seal or something ? ?

Holes are often to big or the stuff doens't have enough in it or it just poors out thn your left stuck until the rac etc can get a tow truck for you.

Plus your not popular with tyre fitters when they come to fix it a puncture can often just be patch repaired if you use that stuff though the tyres a lost cuase.

You can fix the tyres somtimes for a cheap £1 patch if you'd used the foam and it had worked you'd need a nw tyres for me thats just a bad deal.

I know ill get slated but that tyre foams been in my trye for about 4 months with no problems tyres being changed on sat though.

Not all bad IMO

but yes I'm a prick and I should know better etc etc...

I really wish car manufacturers would just put a spare in all cars.

I would only use tyre weld if I was really stuck and I thought there was a slight chance it may work.

01 Renaultsport Clio 172
i had to use it the other day in an emergancy and tbh it did the trick! didnt realise the tyre is f**ked after using it tho, what a waste of a 1 month old michelin pilot sport :mad:

new yokohama parada's just arrived tho :)