ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hp finance....

whats the deal with surrendering your car after paying 51% of finance.. wot do u do and how does it affect any future credit agreements you might take out... cheers...

R27
Hy mate. I did it with my 172, no problems at all. As long as you have paid enough finance off they come and pick the car up. Mine got sold to an auction.

Its just like starting again, no penalties, I was even over the agreed milage by about 5000 miles and didnt have to pay anything.

As soon as I got rid of mine I was buying a 225 the weekend after. Its an easy way to buy a new car.

Hope this helps.
icon7.gif

SaintDP said:
Hy mate. I did it with my 172, no problems at all. As long as you have paid enough finance off they come and pick the car up. Mine got sold to an auction.

Its just like starting again, no penalties, I was even over the agreed milage by about 5000 miles and didnt have to pay anything.

As soon as I got rid of mine I was buying a 225 the weekend after. Its an easy way to buy a new car.

Hope this helps.
icon7.gif

so basically you paid just over half the value then gave it back and you got nothing?

Mark_Petty said:
so basically you paid just over half the value then gave it back and you got nothing?

not if the car is in negative equity which it probably is with 2 new models coming out since i bought it.. if i had got a bank loan i would owe about 8k on a car worth 7k, onlu if i was going to keep it 5 years and then some would it be worth paying the full ammount..

anyway this was always my intention from day one.. i looked on the deal as a lease car really.. rent it for 2.5 uyrs then pass back..

whats the thing about agreed mileage, this was never mentioned, how much is it (at a guess 12k a year)

cheers