ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Huge claims, huge bhp, apparent trophy 172, gumtree special

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Gumtree's good for some things, I had an armchair and sofa I needed rid of,
it was in good nick so I stuck it on Scumtree 'free to collect',
within 3 hours a bloke had shown up and strapped it to the roof of his car and driven off,
saved me a trip to the tip.

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Audi A5
Free listings?

And is there any support from gumtree if there is any problems at all?

Yes, free listings.

Not sure on support, I very much doubt it. To me it's more a site that you either view in person to make sure it's all ok, or if delivering you pay via paypal so you get protection that way.

I dont think the buyer of this clio will get much help from gumtree, or the police for that matter. It will be a small claims court jobby if he cba to go through the hassle.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  WRX
He obviously advertised it hoping to attract an unsuspecting buyer, to soak up all his claims like a sponge. Turns out he achieved his goal, hope karma catches up with him soon. If I was KTEC, I wouldn't be too happy either.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
He obviously advertised it hoping to attract an unsuspecting buyer, to soak up all his claims like a sponge. Turns out he achieved his goal, hope karma catches up with him soon. If I was KTEC, I wouldn't be too happy either.

No, I bet they must be very annoyed at someone else ripping off a persons money in relation to a clio.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, this whole sold as seen thing isnt exactly correct.

If i sold a car stating that it was in perfect working order... and it wasnt. The buyer has rights against me.

Im sure Daniel will explain stuff like that being in the business but when i bought a rotten 106 and was a bit naive about 106s. I spoke to trading standards and i COULD have got my money back etc if i took it that far.

Anyways, i wouldnt go near a car that was advertised as 'sold as seen'. Its fairly obviously its a shitheap imo!

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  WRX
^I was told similar, that it isn't worth putting sold as seen on a private receipt. As you can still have comeback for some things.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sold as seen means nothing. As the buyer will say what he saw was a working car!

if selling a car privately though all you have to do is describe it honestly.
if you sell me a 10k and it blows up on my way home then so long as it can't be shown you had any reason to think it would then i haven't got a leg to stand on.
a trader though has to not only be honest but sell a car fit for purpose. So if it blows up 5 months later I am covered as a buyer so long as I haven't mistreated or failed to service it in anyway that can be proved by the seller

Just go read the sale of goods act if you want more detail.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Golf
Hopefully he sold it to a nutjob who later worked out he'd been fooled and forced a full refund.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Cup In bits
What's the brief of this thread, I know he was selling a fully forged engined car, water pump and all. What's the talk of fraud etc, I'm not going to read through 20 pages.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  CursedTitanium 182FF
What's the brief of this thread, I know he was selling a fully forged engined car, water pump and all. What's the talk of fraud etc, I'm not going to read through 20 pages.

He was selling it with a fake Ktek receipt either he or previous owner may or may not have made.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Is that the same seller, or the clueless tit that bought it off him
then realised it's actually a sh*t heap with none of the mods it was advertised as having?

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Clio sport cup
Ah hell I might sell my car now and buy that I've been trying to achieve performance and handling by quality parts obviously I'm going wrong here

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182, Fabia VRS
This car drove past me a couple of weeks ago on the M4 when I was heading down to Porthcawl. It was the green wheels that caught my eye lol.