ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I bought a 1993 16v

fixedgear

ClioSport Club Member
Pretty pumped on this little motor.

It's like being 17 again, reminds me of my mate's Clio Williams back in 2004.

Here's a photo, some of you may have seen it on ebay

2016-06-01 19.03.05.jpg

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Oh the memories :)

Awesome motors ............ When not breaking down

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I've got my eye on one on eBay but it's strong money I think and a track car. Looks ace though lol

Ahh nice one!! I saw this advertised on one of the facebook groups and was kinda watching in the background, he said it had just been sold......... he also said he was amazed by how much interest it generated, looks a great example!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Nice mate but a bit too hardcore for me - I must be getting old, lol.
Reminds me a bit of Coops car.

I was trying to remember who else had one. That car (shell) was jords (foxy) off here.

Dave, yep it will be very quick and handle well

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
No mate not been on there for years. Was only browsing and spotted the car. Remembered watching foxys videos years ago when owned it and his mate had a white one. That white one above is his too.

Caterham 270R
Awsome i had a K plate one about 15 years ago great bit of fun . it kept blowing power steering pipes

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
A lad Milks who used to be on here with a Red MK1 turbo still has his on the road..

Mk1 1.8 16V Turbo
It's a bloody fab car but unfortunately has to go to make room, the other half will kill me if I get another car and not move one on

Clio 197
Had 3 of these before and they are so much fun but yes they can def be costly to keep going! Miss mine but the 197 is making up for it

fixedgear

ClioSport Club Member
2016-06-04 10.13.31.jpg
I have really enjoyed driving the car over the last couple of days. It's great to be back in a tiny little car, albeit a little cramped at 6'7"

She needs a few bits here and there, bless her.

New pedal rubbers required, 5er on ebay
2016-06-04 10.11.49.jpg

Radio isn't correct but close enough, just needs installing correctly.
2016-06-04 10.11.53.jpg
Glove box is taped shut, needs a new handle, mysterious lock barrel inside..
2016-06-04 10.12.03.jpg

Quick tidy up
2016-06-04 10.12.09.jpg

Thinking of hydrodip here..
2016-06-04 10.12.21.jpg

Trim required.
2016-06-04 10.13.11.jpg

New weather strips required
2016-06-04 10.13.16.jpg

Mysterious lock in the glovebox is for the alarm or immobiliser IIRC.

Looks mint, though, I hate you - mine needs some serious cash spending on the shell to get it de-rusted :( and I might well have to sell it as-is, although I don't want it to sell it to some vulture who will break it for parts and scrap it :(

Just epic on the right road - at some points I've actually had to have a word with myself to slow it down because I was getting wayyyy to drawn into enjoying the driving experience.

I looked at the grey one a week a go, with a little over £3k in my pocket (we had spoke a lot about the car and agreed a price) it had a few minor issues when i looked at it but the worst was it felt really slow, didnt have a 5k kick and just didnt pull anywhere near as hard as i expected (he said he had done the belts with the proper tools) that being said if it wasn't for the bucket seat feeling to tight for me i would still have bought it.