ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I HAVE A STRANGE NOISE FROM MY CLIO

RENAULT SPORT CLIO 172
I had the timing belt changed on thursday and the mechanic damaged the fan belt tensioner but resolved all that. The fan belt snapped on me 3 times in 46miles. after i received the car back i have noticed 2 noises. i can hear the fan belt winding down like a whoosh but am told thats normal from a new belt, the noise that is concerning me is when the car get to abour 2750 REVS it makes like a ticking noise, i have checked under the bonnet and cant see anything likely under there. I have a feeling that it may be an exhaust noise. would the garage have loosened the exhaust anywhere when changing the timing belt. it does seem like it get to the said revs and its like its spitting air really fast. i have not noticed a change in performance.

Please help cos i am now skint from the timing belt costs!!!