ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I want to build a 172 replica is it worth the time and money...

impreza sti prodrive
on my insurance im on as owner of vehicle, main driver, & my mam is on as a named driver is this leagal then?

CLS, RS MEG
If you modify your car, make sure you tell the insurance. I had a 172 replica, everything on it apart from the engine, and i listed everything to the insurance. I was crashed into in november, six weeks after the crash my car was accessed, and they got back to me saying the car is heavly modified and their not paying out. However the phone calls are recorderd so i was able to prove that my declartions took place, but they still got out of paying, as my suspesion was lower than 40mm which i honestly didn't know, i just said it was lowered '''about''' 40mm. Insurance is fine until you need to use it, then they try everything in the book to get out of paying. And the accident wasn't my fault! Had to get a solicitor on the job, and claim off the 3rd party. What was Morethan by the way!

i dont get it.... i wanted to know if its a good idea... fcuk insurance i drove a saxo 1.1 round for three months completley unisured. im doing it anyway please stop arguing i think i may cry

mate, about the no insurance thing, keep that to yourself, glad you like my car but if you crash into it, in your non insured car, i WILL . . . (dont want this thread stopped and me banned lol, enter your own statement :D)

ant mate, what car do you drive?

this debate will never end, and there will always be the 17-20 year olds that cant get insured against the older/working people that can.

in terms of making the car look like summat its not, yeah i like the fact that the parents of the kids that i coach tennis to give me thumbs up to my car and smile, well the dads do lol.
if they ask or make a comment i tell them it is badged up. the comments are, well you are only 20 and it looks great anyways.

TBH i love the fact that some people on here would race me at the lights, foot down laughing at the fact that i have 2.0l badges on my 1.2, but what does that say about you? it either makes you a chavtastic idiot, the main reason people my age cant get insured on a 172, or it makes you very up your own arse with money or completely stupid with money.

oh and Mike, your comment about the "wish id done better in life" exhaust . . . this is the type of "person" that at the age of 35 is driving a chavmobile . . . cough corsa cough . . . i dont think a 172 replica at the age of 20 is that kinda person and i hope you dont either. 20 isnt exactly a lifetime lol, believe you me i WILL have a vee in my garage when i have money to play with, once i have come out of uni! and a liquid one at that :D

make your replica, it is an amazing sense of achievement, when are you gonna use your 0-60 and top speed????

oh and one last thing; ive had my car three years, i have just been offered just over what i paid for it three years ago because of its looks. . . there are alot of 17 year olds that want a sportier looking small engined clio.

jamie

... i was joking about the three month thing about not being insured... im not that stupid. i just dont see why its turning into a major argument
does anybody think putting an air intake system in your fog light look good if its done properly and not chavy

^^^insurance

not arguing but read up lol

air intake will look ok, as long as its nicely done, but on anything other than an rs it doesnt make alot of difference matey. not my cuppa, i like my car symetrical (i have mild OCD, dont ask)

what you thinkin engine wise anyways?

jamie

Nissan 370Z
check the 1.2 i have. its like a 172 and was all done up by middo who did a great job of it. i have 3points and im 17 and insurance is like £1900! lol. its a great car but i could of got a 172 at 17 and insured in which i dint realise till i bought the 1.2, plus its very silly i think to buy a 172at 17. cheers

if you can insure a 172 at 17 with three points on your license for less than you bought the car for tell me who you are with mate. i was quoted 2,300 at 19 with no points, but 2 years of driving (earn no claims on my policy even though it is under dads name)

jamie

Chocolate Bar™
i'll echo most of whats been said here. speakling from experience if you mod your car and dont tell the insurance company your a tit, pure and simple. If you write your car off (which being a new driver your very likely too) they will NOT pay out, and you'll be forking out bills for damge to lamposts a new car, damage to other drivers car etc etc.

Nice idea, but if u wanna do it just colourcode and a few other subtle mods., why make your car look like something its not? basically your making it look like another standard car, be it a nicer one.

I didnt regret the work i did to mine, but looking back with the 1000's i spent i could have had a 172 years ago.

its a risk im willing to take....

i once slept with my best mates mum... (mrs pearson) ma mate never found out it was so risky but i went for it...

im not actually joking - i no wer talking about cars but she was one sweet ride

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
^^ fooking cheap i got my 172 when i was 21 £2000 and now im 22 my 182 is £1700 robbing c**t

172 Cup
its a risk im willing to take....

i once slept with my best mates mum... (mrs pearson) ma mate never found out it was so risky but i went for it...

im not actually joking - i no wer talking about cars but she was one sweet ride

Are you sure it wasn't your own mum.. Some redneck English going on there ;)

also companies insuring mods are totally different, some will allow it, some wont, and most will charge a fortune

Mk2 Ph1 1.2
My insurance company didn't charge me any extra for the mods i had on my mk1 1.4RT. It cost me roughly £1100 when it was standard.the price didn't change and i declared all the following:-

Full Body Kit,
Tints,
Exhaust bb,
K&N Filter,
15'' alloys,
16v bonnet,
Rsi Interior.

They said that the only thing that would effect my insurance would be if the car was lowered.

www.quinn-direct.com

0065.jpg

M

mini-valver

Chav?
I know ive been argueing my nads off about insurance but if you dint declare anything your an idiot. Ive declared mine and still got flamed, imagine the uproar if you declared nothing and god forbid crashed into someone/killed someone.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2
Not a good idea to not declare mods...as already said if you cant afford the insurance dont do it....SIMPLE

hmmm you all really seem to be trying to talk me out of this one.... ok how about i do it... and declare the mods... how does that sound....

that is the only way mate

im about to go give mine a wash, i still love it, yes wish it was quicker sometimes (when i have people or luggage in the car) but there is nothing like looking outside and saying "that one is mine" reguardless of modding :D

jamie