ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iceburg PH1, reigate hill.

LY R27
I think it's because my car stands out quite a bit (LY + the decals) the police seem to love to pull me over! as i got pulled over a couple of weeks before for pretty much no reason.

It never fails to amaze me how often the police data base is wrong when it comes to insurance details. It's quite worrying really.

Tell me about it, they said they could have fined me £200 and impounded my car on the spot! when ive got insurance! luckily I used to work for Direct Line so I know someone who could check the database for me, and they said im definitely on the motor insurance database.

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
Does anyone ever use that hand car wash in Nutfield? It's on the left as you head towards Bletchingly. Used to be an old petrol pumping station... I think we should have a mini 'get someone else to wash your car' meet at some point.

That's the one we're talking about flower ;)
Always wonder whether to do it or not, but i don't want to look a plum sitting in the car while they scrub about.

Just looking for reasons to pull you up on something...you have a car like that there must be SOMETHING wrong there?!

LY R27
That's the one we're talking about flower ;)
Always wonder whether to do it or not, but i don't want to look a plum sitting in the car while they scrub about.

Just looking for reasons to pull you up on something...you have a car like that there must be SOMETHING wrong there?!

I must admit you do look like a bit of a knob sitting in your car whilst about 20 Eastern Europeans surround your car armed with sponges...

I agree there is something wrong when the police seem to target certain vehicles, but i do confess the reason they pulled me over a couple of weeks ago was because I was coming out of a pub car park, although I never went to the pub, I was round my mates.

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
Oh dear, wake up Jonnie! I don't think you have to sit in your car like an urchin whilst they do it!?

No, you could stand in the cold and wait like an urchin instead.

And if they're armed with sponges, I'll pass! I'm a microfibre kinda girl.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Get out there and wash them yourselves:rasp:

mines pretty dirty too but meh.

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
I'm not washing it yet, gets filthy by the next day innit. Wait til this local meet is organised and THEN wash it :approve:
My brother wants your car Alex.

And jonnie, car was looking and sounding well last night. End of your number plate reminds me of frog...car has earnt itself that name.

Black Gold Trophy
My dad used to get his merc washed by some "eastern europeans" in crawley and couldn't understand why I "wasted hours cleaning" mine!
Then I pointed out all the swirls and scratches they had put on his car.. needless to say he never went there again! lol!
I would rather drive round dirty and wait until I can give it a proper clean, rather than letting someone scratch my paint and corrode my wheels!

Ph1 172 + Combo van
I'm not washing it yet, gets filthy by the next day innit. Wait til this local meet is organised and THEN wash it :approve:
Yeh? he is friends with Chris Mason and Tom Collier?
I sold Chris my lowering springs this week. I still have the wheels which are for sale. and a dynamique rear spoiler if he gets a clio and wants them parts. Other little bits too like silvervisions and clear side repeaters.:)

My dad used to get his merc washed by some "eastern europeans" in crawley and couldn't understand why I "wasted hours cleaning" mine!
Then I pointed out all the swirls and scratches they had put on his car.. needless to say he never went there again! lol!
I would rather drive round dirty and wait until I can give it a proper clean, rather than letting someone scratch my paint and corrode my wheels!

Fair point that. Doesn't bother me when its dirty in the winter though so ill wait till the weather is a bit better.

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
Yeh? he is friends with Chris Mason and Tom Collier?
I sold Chris my lowering springs this week. I still have the wheels which are for sale. and a dynamique rear spoiler if he gets a clio and wants them parts. Other little bits too like silvervisions and clear side repeaters.:)

He is yeah, chris is chuffing mental. He's just bought a 182 front bumper cause he did the nice smashy job on his other one. Him and my brother have been painting things too apparently, hmmm.
Bro is nowhere near getting a car to even think about buying extras for it!

A Flamin' Red one

And jonnie, car was looking and sounding well last night. End of your number plate reminds me of frog...car has earnt itself that name.

Cheers ma' dears. Couldn't help but turn down my heavy metal to listen to your new 'zorst. Lovely beans :) I do actually call it Frog for that reason, too!

Coupe/Defender V8
Maybe we should organise a 'pre-christmas' meet at a pub or something one Sunday as there are so many local people. I have a good pub we can use too with a good garden for taking pictures of the cars.:star:

Coupe/Defender V8
Ramblers Rest in Coulsdon/Chipstead. Used by a lot of car clubs including when I used to be in SXOC with my S14a and GT4 owners club.

Otherwise we could use Boxhill but it's a bit further out?

1.8 Civic EX
Ramblers Rest in Coulsdon/Chipstead. Used by a lot of car clubs including when I used to be in SXOC with my S14a and GT4 owners club.

Otherwise we could use Boxhill but it's a bit further out?

FPMSL!! Ramblers Rest is like a 1 minute drive from my house

It's just been renevated, new owners AGAIN!

I'll sort the meet if people want too?

Sorry not looked at the otherone yet Amy, having a few probs with the car at the moment and it's getting me rather annoyed!

Coupe/Defender V8
I'd definitely be up for coming, I think we would need to sort a meet for this weekend as next weekend maybe to close to Christmas and it will be either booked up for meals or people maybe going away. What do you think?

Lunchtime would be good as well, as from memory; they did nice food although not sure what the new management will be like!

The other pub, which is an option, is the flight tavern in Gatwick as they have a large car park and it’s a good location. That’s again used by loads of car clubs.

Alternatively could always use the good old box hill?

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
I can't do this weekend, i'm working Saturday and off to the race of champions Sunday! Weekend after i am working the sunday too.

What's wrong with le vehicle Ryan?

PH1 172
The place I used is very good if I haven't got the time to do it myself and the euros don't use sponges and instead use......fook I forgot what they are called lol...looks like a mitten and wool material.....

Weekends are fully booked till Christmas but depending on where it is and what time I will see if I can pop in.

1.8 Civic EX
I can't do this weekend, i'm working Saturday and off to the race of champions Sunday! Weekend after i am working the sunday too.

What's wrong with le vehicle Ryan?

It's crap! lol it's ok, all getting sorted on Firday (hopefully!) Just a few things that need sorting, I've trying to do it myself for ages but never have any luck and it's beginning to annoy me so I've got someone else to do it..

I also now have a crack on my windscreen so the above is sorted on Friday I can see about getting a new windscreen too...

then it just needs a bloody good wash lol

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
Ah fair enough, annoying about the crack though. I'd had a chip in the centre of mine since I've had it but it's never got any bigger or anything. Annoys the hell out of me though.
Mine is officially the dirtiest it's been, made even worse by the fact Jack's is always clean/looks clean cause it's been PC'd!