ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Idle issues

Fiesta ST-3
So upon starting the car up cold I have issues with idle. It seems to hold at around 1-1.5k then after a little bit of driving and the engine getting warm, it settles back down.

It recently went into Renault with the only fault code showing was the upstream lambda. I've yet to change this but do you think it would have an effect of the idle revs?

Scott.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
That sounds normal for nearly every car I've driven????

Fiesta ST-3
Hmm maybe it's more than 1-1.5k but it is defo idling too high on start up. I will have to double check on next start up.

iLikeDuplo

ClioSport Club Member
  Willi/182Cup/265Cup
Sounds normal to me too. I'm guessing it's more noticeable the colder it is outside?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just nipped out in my focus, that idled at 1300 when first started.

53 Clio's & counting
Keep an eye on it mate but i'm sure it's nothing to worry about, quite common for a lot of cars to have a higher idle when cold, Clio's seem to make it seem worse than it really is due to all the noise/ralttles lol

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
My 197 does it, my old starlet gt did it as well. .. pretty much every car I've owned has done it

Fiesta ST-3
I wouldn't say its more noticeable when cold outside. I started it this afternoon and it was the same.