ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser issues

Clio 1.2 16V
The problem started a few months back, central locking stopped working then I started having the red flashing light when trying to start the car and the car wouldnt start. Managed to trace this down to the brown 5 fuse for central locking (it was quite corroded) so I cleaned the fuse up. Its been find for a few months since then, but its started happening again, fuse looks fine? Its getting quite annoying now where I cant start the car for up to 5 minutes at times waiting for the immobiliser to sort itself out.

Is there anything iv missed or should look at?

Cheers :)

Mk1 16v brooklands
Key could possibly be on the way out, mine does the immobiliser thing. I sorted that by squeezing the key abit when turning the ignition

Clio 1.2 16V
Yeah could be didn't think about that :/ , its the only key iv got so it might be worth getting another one cut.

Thanks

Clio 1.2 16V
Does your car tick over but doesnt catch a spark?

Depends which light it is, if its the flashing one then it just clicks and nothing happens, sometimes I get the solid light which If i try an start quickly it'll tick over but doesn't start :/

Clio Sport 172 Cup
Thats the same problem i had. link your car by jump leads to another car for 10-15 mins (do not try and start yours before then) after that time turn your key half way the light should go on solid for a sec then turn off if it does then your car will start. if no then you just need to keep trying this untill it does work. if you keep trying to start it will kill your battery. in the end i bot a new car battery and new bat for the key fob done this trick and have nver has this problem since. might work might not. be aswell as trying though. Let me know how yah get on.

Clio 1.2 16V
Ah great cheers. Its worth a shot, Ill give it a go once this weather clears up a bit.