ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction kit (ktec)

PerthRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 CUP
Hey guys,

Got a strange one here.
Was looking to purchase a Ktec induction kit. But they are currently out of stock. Was given an ETA of 4 weeks at the end of March.
Recently I followed it up again wanting to place a pre-order as the website doesn't allow the product to be added to the cart.
I've now been told it can't be sold due to undergoing a re-design. Specifically into a metal construction to stop any 'hose collapsing at high rpm/load.'

Now this is the first time I've ever heard of the hose collapsing under these conditions. I previously had a kit on my last 182 a few years ago and never had these issues. The kit has now been sold for over a decade. So would have thought there would be plenty anecdotal evidence of this happening.

Just creating this thread to see if anyone has actually experienced this recently and/or for general discussion.

Cheers

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Hey guys,

Got a strange one here.
Was looking to purchase a Ktec induction kit. But they are currently out of stock. Was given an ETA of 4 weeks at the end of March.
Recently I followed it up again wanting to place a pre-order as the website doesn't allow the product to be added to the cart.
I've now been told it can't be sold due to undergoing a re-design. Specifically into a metal construction to stop any 'hose collapsing at high rpm/load.'

Now this is the first time I've ever heard of the hose collapsing under these conditions. I previously had a kit on my last 182 a few years ago and never had these issues. The kit has now been sold for over a decade. So would have thought there would be plenty anecdotal evidence of this happening.

Just creating this thread to see if anyone has actually experienced this recently and/or for general discussion.

Cheers
I presume it'll have been a recent processing issue if their supplier started using inferior products.

I've never heard of it on any existing kit.

For the record I'll have a ktr induction kit for sale soon.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I Get that Turbo cars might have an issue with boost hoses but as for induction on a MK2 Clio I don't think this would be an issue.

Will be interesting to see if its still Samco & RamAir that are making the kit for them or if its going to be someone else or in-house.

PerthRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 CUP
Yeah. The vacuum created by a NA 172/182 at high rpm surely isn't substantial enough for a silicone hose to collapse inwards :unsure:
I feel this might be a more influenced by external factors like their supplier increasing wholesale and not making the kit commercially viable from a retail perspective.

Does JMRS still sell the similar kit?
I'm assuming his supplier is the same (samco?)?