ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

InJeCtOr Cleaner

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Any1 used any? Does it do anything, sounds good on the back of the bottle saying itll clean the fuel pipes and restore power, improve mpg, lubricate cylinder heads, etc.

Opinions? Thanx

Tappd'd RS

I used the Nitrox product in the orange bottle (cant remember its name - hot shot maybe?) on my 1.2 Corsa and it gave it quite a boost. Dunno how much it cleaned the pipes etc out tho.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

££ and does nothing...Go for a full engine flush, in the garage wi use a product called Forte...But technically the engine chould hav dun over 40k miles...Then ull notice a difference!

Ive heard though, that if youve got any holes in any pipes and carbon is blocking it then it will remove it and so then you will have a leek!

So heard its best not to try it! what do you guys think?

Danny

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Thats true, esp in the barrel, every engine after a while produces hairline fractures in the barrel, which the carbon fills, using products like redex dissolve the carbon exposing the cracks...So if ur cars done over 50-60k miles deffo wouldnt reccoment it! 20-30k is fine, and u can notice a different.

So you wouldnt bother with mine then mate, its done 55k?

I spoke to Nick hill and he said he doesnt really like the stuff, but Ive always been tempted to have a dabble!

Danny

flushing engines can casue all sorts of propblems would not reconmmend it unless its not your car lol. can lose compression as teh carbo fills teh gaps as been said already

Skoda Fabia vRS

you can get some STP injector cleaner from Motor World for free when you buy the Armor All wipes.......

the wipes cost £3.79 and the injector cleaner usually costs £3.99 but its free....

my cars done over 100k and ive used quite a few of them in the past never had any problems with em

from what i hear the best stuff to use is Forte however its not usually available unless you get it done at a garage, however you may be able to get it from a motor factors

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

You cant rely on petrol addititives as I believe these stop you injectors from getting in that state and are more preventative than corrective.

I have found that the STP stuff is very good but nearly 12 quid a bottle. Should only use every 6k. Used redex and there are two types so check. Ones does the whole lot and one just injectors I think. Redline stuff I have used is good and also Wynns do a pro range that only garages sell and it does work.

Think you can only harm things if you use too often. Improvements are noticeable if you use it. As opinion is mixed on here try it for yourself and make your own mind up.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

I have tried it and seems to have improved the smoothness and pull a lot. :D

91k my engine has done so probably had a lot of crap in the injectors.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

I think getting the injectors ultrasonically cleaned costs aroud £60 and is probably your best bet, you should be able to get a printout of the before and after flow measurement.

Black 200 Cup

I can recommend Forte, if you cant afford to go for new injectors. My MkII Golf GTi 16v felt totally refreshed after Forte treatment at 120,000 miles. Basically, the injectors are flushed through with chemicals at high pressure (and temp?).
The Forte treatment was tried before replacement of the ECU and air-flow meter, which were identified as being faulty at another garage.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

I must admit i really think it has made a difference using it but it could be all in the mind.

Id recommend it anyway, in theory it shud improve flow in the fuel lines aswell which are nearly 15yrs old (90k miles) so if it does what it says on the bottle then the difference must be real. :D

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

I agree, do mine every 6k or so and always notice an improvement from before. To me its like an oil change, part of the maintenance cycle.

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 17 March 2004

Thats true, esp in the barrel, every engine after a while produces hairline fractures in the barrel, which the carbon fills, using products like redex dissolve the carbon exposing the cracks...So if ur cars done over 50-60k miles deffo wouldnt reccoment it! 20-30k is fine, and u can notice a different.
Barrel?

Forte stuff is harsh, but does the job.
And ultrasonic cleaning of injectors is good, but most injectorsin our 16vs rens have a pintle design which doesnt clog that easy. But the injectors do break easy!