ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance question...

1.6 focus zetec....
I had a crash this morning (rear ended someone so my fault)... did all the usual of exchanging details etc and got off...

Few questions:

If she claims and i don't do i still have to pay my excess??

How long can i leave it before i claim on my car??

Thanks

Kieran

Yep you have to pay the excess upto the maximum value. IE if you have a £500 excess and the damage costs £400 to fix you have to pay £400 if the damage is £1k you only pay £500 the insurance pays the rest.

You should do it ASAP. they'll otherwsie suspect you've had another accident.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Could always try settling out of insurance depending on the car you crashed into.

1.6 focus zetec....
Its ok ive sorted it now...

Still a bit puzzled on something else now though if anyone can help.... I phoned up and made a claim and they went through the usual rubbish about ref number, which garage etc etc and then it came to the excess bit (read carefully lol)!!

The voluntry excess says £0 on one form and then £300 on another due to me being under21... so i was ok with the £300... then the chap goes onto say you have to pay £500 accidental damage ON TOP of the £300 excess totaling to £800!! I jst agree with this 'cos im in a state of shock and we end the convo and he's sending some forms out...

My lovely mother then phones back up and has a word about it and the chap goes away for a bit and says flux have put the £800 excess on it no us.... Question is, is this right??

Insurance company in question is NIG through flux... two good companies in my eyes in terms of mods and premiums but don't ever crash when with these....

Vaux Astra VXR Arden Blue
I had a crash this morning (rear ended someone so my fault)... did all the usual of exchanging details etc and got off...

Few questions:

Thanks

Kieran

If you dont claim for damage to your car you DO NOT pay the excess, excess only applies to damage to the vehicle insured.

There isnt really any time limit but they might drag their feet a bit, most will get funni after say 6 months , i deal wi claims if u need any help give is a shout

1.6 focus zetec....
Could always try settling out of insurance depending on the car you crashed into.

Crashed into a pug 206.... back bumper a bit bent but mine looks worse!! My car has a smashed bumper and number plate due to a tow bar, smashed grille, badge and bonnet lock (slide over ford badge) and my bonnet as been pushed up and bent!! All the lines on the wings are ok so that looks about it although i havent dared open the bonnet incase it doesnt shut...

Reason im going through the insurance in the first place is 'cos if a few months down the line she goes to the doctor with a bad back or neck and they blame it on the crash it won't come back on me personally.......

Vaux Astra VXR Arden Blue
Its ok ive sorted it now...

Still a bit puzzled on something else now though if anyone can help.... I phoned up and made a claim and they went through the usual rubbish about ref number, which garage etc etc and then it came to the excess bit (read carefully lol)!!

The voluntry excess says £0 on one form and then £300 on another due to me being under21... so i was ok with the £300... then the chap goes onto say you have to pay £500 accidental damage ON TOP of the £300 excess totaling to £800!! I jst agree with this 'cos im in a state of shock and we end the convo and he's sending some forms out...

My lovely mother then phones back up and has a word about it and the chap goes away for a bit and says flux have put the £800 excess on it no us.... Question is, is this right??

Insurance company in question is NIG through flux... two good companies in my eyes in terms of mods and premiums but don't ever crash when with these....

NIG Is royal bank of Scotland, Check your policy schedule it will sepcifiy the policy ecess, may be additional for any Modifications that you have?

This is a strange one, i used to work with RBS and tend to find those who have gone through broker have really low excess's

If it hasnt been explained properly id fight it

1.6 focus zetec....

Few questions:

Thanks

Kieran

If you dont claim for damage to your car you DO NOT pay the excess, excess only applies to damage to the vehicle insured.

There isnt really any time limit but they might drag their feet a bit, most will get funni after say 6 months , i deal wi claims if u need any help give is a shout

Thanks for that... any help with the other things ive said 'cos £800 excess seems very steep... im not insuring a veyron!! PM me if need be...