ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interest in a South West RR day?

172 Sport
Hi guys, not really pitching this as a SW meet because it isn't really for everybody.

I'm looking to have a chat with Alan Jeffery tomorrow, he runs a company called Engine Tuner and is based in Plymouth. He does club RR days and I have been to one in the past, his rollers seem very accurate he is a very helpful and knowledgeable man. http://www.enginetuner.co.uk/home.htm

I know myself, Shifty, Fatty and Aaron are up for this. I should think we will be looking at about £25 per car, I will be looking to do this on a Sunday 1st of July? The more the better really, because it will bring the cost down. The way this will have to work is once I have spoken to Alan and confirmed the date, price and what is on offer you will put your name down and confirm, pay up front and turn up on the day with nothing to pay. Because I refuse to have my relationship with him jeopardized by let-downs.

Should be a great day if we can get it right, I'm looking forwards to it and will be getting my car rollered by him anyway. ;)

1. Jardo
2. Aaron
3. Shifty
4. Fatty

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Ah, I knew the name was familiar. Popular guy, with reason.

If it makes it cheaper for everyone, I'll stick mine on for giggles. Even if I don't, I'll pop along and see who runs what.

PB Clio 172
before I start this rant over Alan Jeffery have you been to his Garage before?

I have so many horror stories....

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
are these horror stories anything to do with a RR event though? Its not like he is acutally working on our cars... Solongs my handbrake is on tight and car is secured ok...

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Lets hear some of the stories then lol im intrigued. Does your reply mean you would be happy to do a RR there then (depending on how I read it, it could go both ways lol)?

PB Clio 172
I am not going to rant over him on this thread. Just advice if you wanna go to him be my guest.

As in the other thread K tec is a better place for a RR day even if you do have to fork out more petrol

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
thats ktec as in Dorset Ktec? I might risk this guy in plymouth as it is just a RR, and Dorset is a long way away. Thanks for the heads up though. Happy Birthday to your other half btw! How old is she today (or yesterday as it is now!)?

172 Sport
There is nothing wrong with Alan Jefferys rolling road or his machine shop. The problem with Alan Jefferys is that he has chosen to specialize in one of the most tempremental vehicles ever made, which seem to be owned by meat heads who know nothing about their cars. Agreed, I wouldn't be letting him do the cambelt on my car and I was pretty close to decking him when he started trying to school me on 1.8t's, but for a group rolling road day it is perfect.

Nobody is actually going to drive two and a half hours for a RR meet which is in the New Forest are they? If so I will give K-Tec a call today as well?

I will have a chat with him this morning and see how I get on :)

PB Clio 172
thats ktec as in Dorset Ktec? I might risk this guy in plymouth as it is just a RR, and Dorset is a long way away. Thanks for the heads up though. Happy Birthday to your other half btw! How old is she today (or yesterday as it is now!)?

she was 23 ! Thanks for asking ! Yeah sure like I said its up to you I was just saying he has pissed so many people off over the years and I am glad you know what I mean Jardo. Didnt mean to put people off in any way but if you were close to decking him you will be the 1/100 then! lol

Sadly he is all we have in Plymouth so thats prob how he is still in business! :S

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I am sure Alan/Martin etc are perfectly capable of running a rolling road day without ruining anyones car, and thats despite me being the person having to correct one of their "horror stories" on a friends cars, so there is utterly no love lost between me and them as I have made it clear in the past what I think of the job they did.
Thing is though that was a long time ago, and I am sure that since then they have been learning, even Martin must have been mapping cars for quite a few years now, so I am sure that many of the horror stories are no longer relevant, we all had to learn somewhere after all.

They have a very good set of rollers, same one surrey use, so I would have thought they are a good place to go, not like you are spoilt for choice in the southwest anyway.

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
  PB Clio 172
This is what annoys me so much, how can a company who are that bad still be in business. Even you have a horror story, Jardo has one, I have so many it would clog this thread! He is rude and only wants your money even if he blows your engine he wont give 2 fluffs.

I went in with my friends R5GTT a while ago and we asked him about the RR. He said 'why do you want a BHP figure for its just a bit of paper. Ok then I will RR your car and you can have your silly printout if you wish' ! What a **** ! and my friends R5GTT never ran the same again after he 'tuned' it thats just one story ! and these stories arnt all from that long ago either!

Like you say maybe things have got better and yes we are stuck here for an RR so yeah it would be a good day for us South Westers ! :approve: Just not me!

172 Sport
If the venue is causing an issue for the majority then I will go down a different route, I know of three dyno's in the aera all of which I am friendly with :)

Smiles on, we need to go get ourselves some pub talk print outs ;)

got any more info then emma? is there a thread (i looked but couldnt see one)?

No there isn't a thread as of yet.

I had my car set up at Bridgwater college Motorsport division a few weeks ago and was seriously impressed with the people there.

They also have a rolling road there so currently in talks with them about getting a day organised. All funds will go towards their Motorsport team for development which I quite like tbh instead of going in a business' pocket.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Bridgwater is good! Not to far away at all! Quite like the idea that the money would be going towards developing skills as opposed to going in some guys pocket (who apparently isnt very nice lol) What sort of date are you thinking? Like I said before, sooner the better really.

p.s. checked the profile on my door the other day emma (from the same view as your photo I commented on) and it looks exactly the same as yours :) its only obvious at that angle by the loks of it.

172 Sport
Jardo just wants to prove he has more power than me =\

I thought I already did? I never knew the RS on 182 manifolds stood for "Really Slow". :p

Bridgewater college sounds excellent, great idea.

Shifty, how did you go about getting your setup done?

182 Cup
Emma gave me the details of one the guys I'll forward his details if you want them, they're after as much work as the can do I think as they're struggling to fund their radical racer.

ph2 172
Me and a mate are intrested in coming.

Had mine rolled at k-tec today and was very impressed with the care they took,i reckon we could arrange some extra discount for the day if it was held there?? i dont mind trying if there's intrest??

ph2 172
no k-tc is to far for us south-south-west folk. I like the sound of this bridgwater place!

im up for any :) but thought i'd mention it as they done a good job today :) and i was gonna try to blag a nice discount on all parts for the day,so worth it if people were after parts :)

PB Clio 172
I have been too k tec and like you say they are first class in customer service and how they go about their jobs is good to see

like your choice of cars Nayls I have had both ;) the memories !!

ph2 172
I have been too k tec and like you say they are first class in customer service and how they go about their jobs is good to see

like your choice of cars Nayls I have had both ;) the memories !!

That needs updating,i only have a phase 2 172 at the mo,but the 5 will always have a place in my heart! phenomenal cars! :)