ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interior door handles

Clio 182, Astra Sri
anyone got any tips on cleaning them? I've tried everything.

I'm not talking about the brushed chrome door pulls, but the trim that houses the window switches and mirror switch.

It feels really tacky and sticky, like its losing its coating. I'm really tempted to swap mine over with the mrs's standard 1.2 black plastic ones.

Anyone help?

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
You can strip it off by leaving it in something like white spirit. It will be just black plastic then, not colour of texture/finish but then could be painted if you so wished!

Try cleaning it first. Think how much grime certain areas of your car build up - steering wheel, gear knob etc. They are one of the most hand-used areas of your car. You may find the "coating" that's coming off is actually just dirt.

AutoFinesse Citrus cleaner or a mild APC of any kind. They are easy to remove (one screw and unhook the wire) so take them off and give them a proper going over with a detailing brush and damp MF.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I've brushed them with g101, megs apc, even tardis hundreds of times, tried something different everytime I do the inside which is weekly. It cleans them, but they are still sticky and tacky? Some parts of them are fine, but the majority is weird

I fear the only way is to get a scraper kind of device ad scratch it off

Clio 182, Astra Sri
You can strip it off by leaving it in something like white spirit. It will be just black plastic then, not colour of texture/finish but then could be painted if you so wished!

That's fairly overkill advice for someone with a username like yours lol