ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interior dust

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Are there any good fixes for interior dust? I gave the inside of my car a clean the other day, hoovered and wiped all the dash surfaces off and protected them and went inside. I came out the next morning without even touching my car and there was dust all over my centre console. Not a lot, but enough present to annoy me.

Any ideas what is good to stop this from happening?

Are there any good fixes for interior dust? I gave the inside of my car a clean the other day, hoovered and wiped all the dash surfaces off and protected them and went inside. I came out the next morning without even touching my car and there was dust all over my centre console. Not a lot, but enough present to annoy me.

Any ideas what is good to stop this from happening?

Sounds like you're using something that's statically charging the centre console. Try using a spritz of QD. If your car is dusty (i.e. you drive with the windows down etc) it's going to happen unfortunately.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You say 'protected them' but with what? Anything with a hint of silicone in it will, as JD says, attract dust.

I personally just clean the dash using a damp cloth and leave it at that. I've yet to find a dressing that doesn't either give a glare in the sun or attract dust. Both of which irritate me.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Protected with AF Dressle once a month and AF Spritz every week on a quick wipe down when I clean my car. I never have my windows open.

I think I will give that a try Daniel, thanks.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
As said above. Unless the dash is actually covered in dirt I'd just wipe it with a slightly damp cloth. Most of the time I just Hoover mine. I need to do it maybe once every 3 months, that's how little dust I get in the car, granted it's only me in the thing most of the time

You say 'protected them' but with what? Anything with a hint of silicone in it will, as JD says, attract dust.

I personally just clean the dash using a damp cloth and leave it at that. I've yet to find a dressing that doesn't either give a glare in the sun or attract dust. Both of which irritate me.

This basically. They all seem to attract dust, no matter what "anti-static properties" they have. I don't dress the interior at all tbh.