ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS 7.1 update

dk

911 GTS Cab
This is out for iPad and iPhone, first thing I noticed was that the keyboard on the iPad has much darker letters now.

the power off screen is different, and the answer screen is also different.

Thats about out all I've noticed so far. I think Siri has been updated but I never use that anyway.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Noticed it mentions HDR will now stay on, which is good. But no mention of any fixes for the playlist resetting in Music :( gutted, most annoying thing about iOS 7.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Just took a picture and noticed that HDR was off, I thought the update turned it on.

always annoys me when every update turns Bluetooth on, it remembers every other setting, why can't it remember to turn that back off.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Strange, sure mine was only 285mb update on my iPad and around 180mb on my iPhone.

dk

911 GTS Cab
i did both mine over the air, can't remember the last time i used iTunes, and both were small updates.

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
It needs the space to unpack it and run through the update process.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Seems like a ridiculous amount of space. Ipad Air seems to be updating OTA fine and I've not much space left on that, 4S I've had to plug into computer.

SQ5
Lol I will eventually! I'm going to need to go baller next upgrade and even then the 128gb will probably be available!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's retarded! Clean 1.9GB FOR A 200MB DOWNLOAD!! Mongs!

Updated, cannot understand that block at the bottom of the screen, looks s**t, why not leave it clear behind? Why the block of stupid grey?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Here's what i've noticed:

- Noticably quicker for me. Messages and apps seem to open instantly
- kepboard letters have been switched to bold font
- notification area on swipe down has bigger fonts and it's easier to clear notifications. The small x used to be fiddly but they've corrected that now.
- Call screen looks different.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
I think the HDR thing is for the Iphone 5 only.

Copied from MacRumours:

A multitude of minor improvements to enhance the performance of the operating system have also been bundled into the update, such as new bounce animations in Control Center, more prominent buttons in the Music app, and a new event list view within the Calendar app. Full release notes are as follows:
CarPlay
- iOS experience designed for the car
- Simply connect your iPhone to a CarPlay enabled vehicle
- Supports Phone, Music, Maps, Messages, and 3rd-party audio apps
- Control with Siri and the car's touchscreen, knobs, and buttons

Siri
- Manually control when Siri listens by holding down the home button while you speak and releasing it when you're done as an alternative to letting Siri automatically notice when you stop talking
- New, more natural sounding male and female voices for Mandarin Chinese, UK English, Australian English, and Japanese

iTunes Radio
- Search field above Featured Stations to easily create stations based on your favorite artist or song
- Buy albums with the tap of a button from Now Playing
- Subscribe to iTunes Match on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to enjoy iTunes Radio ad-free

Calendar
- Option to display events in month view
- Country specific holidays automatically added for many countries

Accessibility
- Bold font option now includes the keyboard, calculator, and many icon glyphs
- Reduce Motion option now includes Weather, Messages, and multitasking UI animations
- New options to display button shapes, darken app colors, and reduce white point

Other
- New Camera setting to automatically enable HDR for iPhone 5s
- iCloud Keychain support in additional countries
- FaceTime call notifications are automatically cleared when you answer a call on another device
- Fixes a bug that could occasionally cause a home screen crash
- Improves Touch ID fingerprint recognition
- Improved performance for iPhone 4
- Fixes display of Mail unread badge for numbers greater than 10,000
- Continued user interface refinements​
The update officially disables the evasi0n iOS 7 jailbreak, patching key kernel exploits.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
FFS, it used to be that way on the 5, now they are only enabling it for 5s, what a joke.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
It's retarded! Clean 1.9GB FOR A 200MB DOWNLOAD!! Mongs!

Updated, cannot understand that block at the bottom of the screen, looks s**t, why not leave it clear behind? Why the block of stupid grey?

Settings> general> accessibility> Increase contrast> Reduce transparency> off

dk

911 GTS Cab
i am glad they have changed the answer call action, as i never liked it in ios7, it never seemed to be positive enough to know you'd answer it first time every time with the swipe, i prefer the new way.

Would be good if they could move the volume away from the >> skip button on the lock screen. Hey ho good update otherwise.

SQ5
It would be good to be able to change the volume buttons to skip track.

Would make switching in a car a lot easier and safer. Once volume is set its usually not touched