ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4 'overheating'

Status
Not open for further replies.
  ST
My phone has done this a few times now, I've got it booked into the apple store in town tomo, has anyone else had this, if so what's been the outcome via the apple store or network?

Cheers

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Define overheating? what does it do that shows its overheating? They all get pretty hot on the back when in use.

You get the yellow warning triangle and the phone won't do anything if it think it's too hot.

It'll just be a thermostat issue. Make sure you back it up before you go and they'll replace it.

ST
Thanks Dan, much appreciated.

The only thing is, it might not 'do it' when im there, tho I guess it's a known fault?

There's a log that they'll be able to see, I'd have thought that will be visible. But they don't piss about with 'we don't believe you, prove it' they just swap.

They'll ask you if you've restored it lately and then tried without using your backup, just say you have.

ST
Cool well I'll see how tomo goes.. I've got MobileMe and only backed up a few days ago when I loaded 4.2 on.

Thanks again.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, as Dan said, they run a diagnostic on the phone and can recall a log of recent errors.

ST
Evening,

As per good info from Dan & Chris, no quibble, the phone was swapped in less than 5 mins no probs at all.

Cheers guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.