ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iphone 5S Battery life

An orange one
Is anyone else finding their's extremely poor?

Ive had 3G, 4, 5, and now 5S and I have always had the settings the same, same brightness, bluetooth on, wifi on and keep my apps closed regularly.

It seems as though each minute im using the phone (even on wifi) the percentage drops at least 1% meaning in 10 minutes of casual browsing 10-15% can disappear??

Ive had to buy another cable to take to work and charge it on my lunch, otherwise when I get home, by around 7pm its goosed :(

I still love the phone though..but surely this isnt right? Or could it be ios7 related?

How/when do you charge it?

Do you only charge until full, or just leave it plugged in over night?

Tbh I find all modern phone batteries extremely pants - I get around a day also out of my S4.

An orange one
2 days!!! is that with general usage? like a few texts, browsing and the odd call?

I can only dream of 2 days..I wondered weather mine was one of the so called dodgy batch, but apple havent been in touch so i guess not

An orange one
How/when do you charge it?

Do you only charge until full, or just leave it plugged in over night?

Tbh I find all modern phone batteries extremely pants - I get around a day also out of my S4.

Its always in all night, overnight...plus as it doesnt last the day, i will maybe top it up when I get home so i can chill using it on the couch when its not charging etc

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
2 days!!! is that with general usage? like a few texts, browsing and the odd call?

I can only dream of 2 days..I wondered weather mine was one of the so called dodgy batch, but apple havent been in touch so i guess not

Yeah a few texts, odd phone call, fair amount of browsing and usually a bit of AirPlay.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Mine is pretty decent, Not a heavy user but a few texts, Couple of quick calls and a fair bit of Twitter, Facebook and Tapatalk usage and I've still got a decent battery % left at the end of the day.

Why do you keep Bluetooth on all the time? Do you use it?

I switch Wi-Fi off as soon as I leave the house and never use Bluetooth so maybe that helps mine.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I don't know if this is an option for you but I found that turning off mobile data in settings when I wasn't using the handset and it was In my pocket all the time made my iphone battery last a lot longer. I work 12 hour shifts and my iphone used to die 3/4 of the way through my working day. I turned mobile data off when I'm not using it and now I've got around 40-50% left when I finish work.

Its always in all night, overnight...plus as it doesnt last the day, i will maybe top it up when I get home so i can chill using it on the couch when its not charging etc

That's the problem then, it will be trickle charging during that time which kills off battery life pretty quickly, it's the same thing that happens if you leave a laptop plugged in all the time.

Polo + Micra
That's the problem then, it will be trickle charging during that time which kills off battery life pretty quickly, it's the same thing that happens if you leave a laptop plugged in all the time.

it that was the case apple should be shot. you never trickle charge a lithium battery. once it's charged it will stop charging

Polo + Micra
if you trickle charge a lithium battery it will explode. charging will slow as it's gets near the end of charge and the charging switches from cc to cv. once it reaches its charge voltage and no current charging will stop completely.