ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iphone - how great?

Not a Clio
Not only am I typing this on it but I have just been watching chucklevision via BBC iplayer. What more could you want?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
^ True dat.

I have the iPod Touch, which is better IMO. Same features, minus the price.

Oh, and no calls or text messaging, either.

Its superb. Normally after 6months im looking around and want something else. Ive had mine a year and theres nothing else that can compete IMO.

I couldnt go back to a "normal" phone.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i am getting one in feb. i enjoyed touching yours tbh revels. along with toms. fun times.

106 GTi
Only phone I have not got bored with after five mins aswell. Lucky really as I still have 12 months contract left !

It's beyond levels of awesome ever.

I really, really liked my RAZR2.. had my iPhone for 6 months and decided to try the RAZR again for a few days - it lasted 30 minutes... it's just, not an iPhone.

Awesome.

Mines broke(only speakerphone works for calls), yet i haven't got something else as i'd just miss the functions it has. Scutch i got mine for 170 last year when they were cheep.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Mines broke(only speakerphone works for calls), yet i haven't got something else as i'd just miss the functions it has. Scutch i got mine for 170 last year when they were cheep.

Is it definitely broken? The original iPhone had a problem where it would remain in headphone mode if you removed the headphone connection while music was playing. Rapidly inserting and removing the headphone connector would usually reset it. You'll know if this is the problem by pressing the volume buttons without headphones connected and check to see if the volume bar is for the phone or them.

Ah..

If the screen is unlocked and i press the volume button on the side it says volume(ringer). The speakerphone for music doesnt work eaither if it makes any difference.....

Edit, it says ringer(headphones)

If i play music with headphones it, then pause it and take headphones out it unpauses??

Citroen DS3 DSport
Same problem I had. Do as I said above and it'll hopefully reset the volume to the correct speaker. You don't need to be playing music when following the instructions to reset the problem, home screen is best.

Normally the iPhone should stop playing if you pause and then remove the cable. This was the only way I could stop this from happening. It's also worth checking that there is no debris in the headphone jack connector?

hmm okay, what should it say when i press the volume button?

Also will it make a difference not using the iphone headphones but just ipod ones?

Citroen DS3 DSport
It should say 'Ringer' and nothing else. The iPhone earphones had a longer connector than normal so if you have them it may be worth a try.

Never mind. Sorted.

I could love you. Feels so good to have my iphone working again. Huge thanks. Pissed me off for so long:mad::):):):)

Citroen DS3 DSport
It worried me the first time it happened but unlocking the handset and pausing the music before removing the earphones stopped it from happening again. Glad to have helped.

106 GTi
These apple ports trying to be clever are poo - had the same problem with my MacPro port.

lol, gota love Cliosport.

Fixed something thats bugged you for 4months. I bet you wish you asked about that a long time ago ;)

I've had one for as long as I can remember, and wouldn't change for any other phone TBH. I'm considering upgrading though to a PhII. I hadn't realised how much lighter they are now. Well, not hugely, but definitely less of a strain on my belt when in the jeans pocket. I could keep my PhI for abroad and shizzle, as it's unlocked. Someone said ages ago that the PhII has a plastic screen though - scratches FTW?

Ph2 172 Cup
I can read Cliosport on the way home on the bus (broken leg - don't ask) saves you having to carry around a phone and an iPod.

Unlimited 3G internet FTW!

M135i
can't wait to get mine next month, bye bye shitty orange contract.

i loved my ipod touch but then i dropped it down the toilet a couple of weeks ago and it died. :(

so as my orange contract is up and i wanted a new touch, im thinking the iphone is a sensible choice :)

Rav4
I love mine because I can easily watch videos on it too :)

You have everything in one object,

The only thing that annoys me is regarding syncing with only one itunes location, I know there are hacks, but hey.

M135i
question regarding earphones since we're on the topic, can i use my normal Senhiesser's with the iphone?

just ive seen the adaptors about for using non apple phones with it. got me confuddled.

question regarding earphones since we're on the topic, can i use my normal Senhiesser's with the iphone?

just ive seen the adaptors about for using non apple phones with it. got me confuddled.

Pretty sure you can use any earphones with it (3.5mm jack) I need to get some new earphones for mine....

Citroen DS3 DSport
If it's the 3G iPhone then any earphones should be ok, the 2G socket had no recess so some earphones required the use of a adapter.

BG 182
got mine on monday, and cant believe how ive lasted so long without 1. got most of apples free app's. gonna have a good search for some new ones soon.

jailbreak FTW!!!