ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone iQuestion....

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
only briefly read the thread so can someone clear this up for me,

you can go in CPW and buy the phone for 169 with no contract and then jailbreak it at home to use on other networks or you can buy the phone for 169 and then sign onto an O2 contract for 35/45/55 etc per month?!

is that right?

im currently in the dilema of switching to O2 and getting the iphone or upgrading my vodafone, now the only vodafone contract i can see with data wants 7.50 extra per month for it, would you say O2 have the best contracts for unlimited wifi/data?

cheers

andy

Wifi is free, either sign up to a contract with o2 with the data bolt on and ebay the handset you get. Or take the Iphone on contract.

I'd ebay the handset and jailbreak the iphone! or stick on your current contract!

Citroen DS3 DSport
You would need to subscribe with them in order to recieve your mail outwith the 20 day trial. Cost is $1.49 per month.

Another question..

Can i have both my itouch and iphone sync'd to the same itunes library, so either will automatically update when i plug them in?

Awesome cheers.. other thing is...

I've read about a rumour about a 72 hour activation? The misses bought mine yesterday, but it probably wont even be out of the box until next weekend.. will that be ok?

Citroen DS3 DSport
No reason why not. It's entirely up to you when you activate it, possibly only dictated by a PAC code etc if you have one.

VRS
Just read this warning about ziphone:

Cautions Against Using ZiPhone

Our biggest cautions against using ZiPhone are two:

1) ZiPhone downgrades your bootloader permanently. This cannot be undone, except by physically opening the phone and applying voltage via needles. The method used by iLiberty+ and iPlus, is completely reversible.

NOTE: The "Refurbish" option on all versions of ZiPhone, and even the Jailbreak-only option on older versions, also perform(s) permanent downgrade of the bootloader. Some people have accidentally downgraded their bootloader when trying to repair something, and then it's too late!

2) Many phones that were unlocked with ZiPhone (and with anySim 1.3, which is the software that ZiPhone is based on), seem to be experiencing a problem that up to now is un-fixable. This is the "Invalid Calibration" error. For more info, see Technical info on No EDGE/WiFi/BT

As for whether or not a permanent downgrade of your bootloader is bad, a respected hacker on Hackint0sh had this to say:

"[A downgraded BL could be a problem] if Apple decide to check the iPhone serial number and see that the BL version doesn't correspond to it.

They can block download/installation of future updates from iTunes.

Even better, they can prevent these phones to download apps from the App Store.

To make the scenario a little worst, they can easily do "on the fly" tagging/signing the future IPSW updates.

They are very experienced in this as they do it already with the DRM stuff on their files sold on iTunes Store for years.

Nobody can complain because the warranty is void.

Mr2 Roadster
Also ZiPhone gives your phone a fixed Mac address and you can only have one ZiPhone'd handset on a wireless work at a time...

VRS
do you have any experience of iliberty+ ?

just downloaded it and have been reading the site, may end up giving this one a go

Mr2 Roadster
It's pretty easy to use...

I did a restore on the iPhone first with the O2 sim in.

Then I took out the O2 sim and put my sim in and ticked all four boxes on the Libert+ front screen and that was that, three minutes later and all was good.

Cro

Meg'd r27
lol bit late now for me then. I used ziphone and just noticed that i have an error message when trying to use edge. It comes up saying that i am not subscribed to edge, not sure if its the same thing from the site that you found that makavelli

Rav4
f**k, i did not realise that about zip phone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone said to use that!!!

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
sneeks, I got it from the 02 shop, not CPW.

The transfer number was text to my mobile number and I entered that in and it was job done.

I also used ZiPhone, so I'm a bit worried as well now. :/

VX220 Turbo
would you seriously need 16gb?

my ipod is only a 4gb nano (product red) i rarely put more than 2gb on it even though my pc at home has about 80gb of music to choose from

Black 172 FF
Ziphone isnt that bad it works great, i know alot of people that have used it and everythings been fine :) I have used it myself...

plus now you can undo even what ziphone has done... alot of its people scaremongering!

Rav4

very comforting.

Ziphone isnt that bad it works great, i know alot of people that have used it and everythings been fine :) I have used it myself...

plus now you can undo even what ziphone has done... alot of its people scaremongering!

VRS

think i will go for iliberty all the same as ziphone appears to make some changes which can not be undone

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
It'd be interesting to know if the MAC address has been changed to a static one, google seems to confirm that this is the case.

Could a couple of you:

from a command prompt:

ping [iphone ip]
arp -a
locate the ip of your iphone in that list and then generate a sha-1 hash of it using:

http://www.md5.br-design.co.uk/

(just to save you actually disclosing your mac address to the world)

and post it here. Just curious about this!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
What should the mac address be?

(assuming its static)

I have 2 zi-phone'd iphones and one zi-phoned iPT and all the mac addresses are different.

(Using iStumbler to get address)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
What should the mac address be?

(assuming its static)

I have 2 zi-phone'd iphones and one zi-phoned iPT and all the mac addresses are different.

(Using iStumbler to get address)

That's enough proof!

There seemed to be a lot of talk about the MAC address being changed to the authors name, for no other reason than because he could.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
There is a wifi fix button on zi phone. but i wouldnt touch it.
Ziphone does alter the boot loader, but its no more permanent than i liberty is.

What i did:

Jailbroke 1.1.2 with ziphone. (original FW when i bought it)
Restored to 1.1.4
Redo ziphone.

Everything worked except i had to fix safari so it would save cookies.

Anyone found any killer apps?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
There is a wifi fix button on zi phone. but i wouldnt touch it.
Ziphone does alter the boot loader, but its no more permanent than i liberty is.

What i did:

Jailbroke 1.1.2 with ziphone. (original FW when i bought it)
Restored to 1.1.4
Redo ziphone.

Everything worked except i had to fix safari so it would save cookies.

Anyone found any killer apps?

i use wallpaper app loads its not great but kills time... other than that, nes, evoloution rgb, i physics, i dope, poof

i want a good messenger app but i tried apollo and it crashes wont connect chucks a b**ch fit etc...

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
The Wallpaper app is pretty nifty, I just wish the picture would change faster! I'm always thinking that the next pic will be something totally wrong like a 20" dong or something.

What other apps do people use?

Also, sharing your sources might be a good idea...

Citroen DS3 DSport

This may have changed in a recent update but when ziphone downgraded the bootloader to 3.9 it could not be reversed. iliberty uses a fake 3.9 bootloader that can be returned to 4.6 with the click of a button.

I think the latest pwnage tool is able to upgrade even a ziphone downgraded bootloader. BootNeuter is another option and can be installed onto the iPhone via the installer app.

sgold_bootrommainscreen.png

Last edited:
  Black 172 FF
As i said origionally it can all be undone so no problem at all :rasp:

Also a static mac address wtf... mac address's are static they should never change ? You mean it changes it to the same one on everyphone ?

MacAddresses are easily spoof'd in OSX / iphone anyways i do it for a certain reason... sudo ifconfig en1 lladdr <mac addree> for anyone whos intrested :)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
As i said origionally it can all be undone so no problem at all :rasp:

Also a static mac address wtf... mac address's are static they should never change ? You mean it changes it to the same one on everyphone ?

MacAddresses are easily spoof'd in OSX / iphone anyways i do it for a certain reason... sudo ifconfig en1 lladdr <mac addree> for anyone whos intrested :)

Yes, people seemed convinced that ziphone was fixing the mac address to a specific address on all phones.

Tom looked at 2 different "zi-phoned" iphones and confirmed that they both had different mac addresses.